+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i leave canada before i receive my PR card

ETguru

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Hello All,

I need suggestion , Myself and my spouse are waiting for my PR card and my wife has to immediately travel to india due to some family reasons.Not sure if she can travel to India ? She has to travel this week....

Can she authorize me to take her PR card to India as i will be travelling to india as well as soon i get the PR card.Will they question upon arrival that how does she get her PR card ?

Pls suggest

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC will mail the card to her address that indicated in Confirmation of permanance, I think she won't authorize you to take PR Card, once you receied it just bring to india with you.

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ETguru said:
Hello All,

I need suggestion , Myself and my spouse are waiting for my PR card and my wife has to immediately travel to india due to some family reasons.Not sure if she can travel to India ? She has to travel this week....

Can she authorize me to take her PR card to India as i will be travelling to india as well as soon i get the PR card.Will they question upon arrival that how does she get her PR card ?

Pls suggest
Yes, she may travel to India and then you can bring with you your PR cards.

No one will ask her upon arrival (Canada) how she got it.

No worries, if she has to leave, it is fine.

SFD

viji123

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
mjaffer53 said:
You can leave and enter the country by land border in a private vehicle with just the landing papers. If you need to fly somewhere to the states, drive to the nearest US airport and fly within the USA.

If you need to travel outside of Canada/USA - you need to wait for your PR card.
Can you please let me know where this info is mentioned in the CIC

ushiee88

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ETguru said:
Hello All,

Pls suggest
she can apply for a travel document from india on which she can return. its a document you apply for if you need to travel before getting your pr card.

infomaniac

Apr 23, 2016
ETguru said:
Hello All,

Pls suggest
Was your spouse able to enter Canada with the PR card taken by you?

I am a single immigrant, planning to get the PR card through a friend to India. Can I use the card to enter Canada?

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
skidmarkz said:
Hi rezafc, are you sure the processing takes time about 25 days? Some said 2 months and yet to receive the card though.

Thanks
Currently it's 56 days: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp