+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I land in Montreal Airport (Quebec) despite the destination city being Ottawa?

portlouis

Jan 4, 2024
Hi everyone, I have applied for FSW Express Entry and currently have CoPR and I have not landed in Canada yet.

The destination city in my CoPR is Ottawa.

However, I am planning to land, live and work in Montreal (Quebec) in February 2024. I speak fluent French and have TEF results too.

Can anyone please advise whether I can land in Montreal Airport (Quebec) despite the destination city being Ottawa?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi everyone, I have applied for FSW Express Entry and currently have CoPR and I have not landed in Canada yet.

The destination city in my CoPR is Ottawa.

However, I am planning to land, live and work in Montreal (Quebec) in February 2024. I speak fluent French and have TEF results too.

Can anyone please advise whether I can land in Montreal Airport (Quebec) despite the destination city being Ottawa?
Once you are a PR, you've charter rights that allow you to work and live anywhere in Canada.

But when you are landing(you are not a PR before an officer signs your CoPR), you don't have those charter rights and you can be refused for your intention to live in Quebec.

Read through the past cases to understand what others who were in your situation did. I can write it all for you, but better if you read.

Reactions: scylla

portlouis

Jan 4, 2024
Once you are a PR, you've charter rights that allow you to work and live anywhere in Canada.

But when you are landing(you are not a PR before an officer signs your CoPR), you don't have those charter rights and you can be refused for your intention to live in Quebec.

Read through the past cases to understand what others who were in your situation did. I can write it all for you, but better if you read.
Thank you so much for your reply. Your answer is very succinct

Can you please advise where can I read past cases? On Canadavisa.com? If yes, can you please direct me to the link. I'm new here and I'm kinda lost with all the forums & threads.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thank you so much for your reply. Your answer is very succinct

Can you please advise where can I read past cases? On Canadavisa.com? If yes, can you please direct me to the link. I'm new here and I'm kinda lost with all the forums & threads.
Here's one example post: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/settling-in-quebec-as-fsw-o.778899/post-10234447

Just use the following on Google and you'll find plenty of such threads:
settle in quebec as fsw site:https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/

Reactions: Simba112