+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I have an open work permit but have an intended employer?

Mar 31, 2018
Hi,
I've downloaded and completed an open work permit application along with paying the 100 dollars but now I have an intended employer and a job offer.
Was wondering if all I should do is reprint off the forms and edit them with my new information about my employer and send it all off? I know I have to include proof of employment etc.
I should mention that I'm also being sponsored for perminant residency by my spouse.
The average time for an Open work permit application with PR is 3-4 months but now I have an employer does it speed up the work permit process? Especially if my employer intends for me to work straight away?
Many thanks on anyone who can shed some light

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,
I've downloaded and completed an open work permit application along with paying the 100 dollars but now I have an intended employer and a job offer.
Was wondering if all I should do is reprint off the forms and edit them with my new information about my employer and send it all off? I know I have to include proof of employment etc.
I should mention that I'm also being sponsored for perminant residency by my spouse.
The average time for an Open work permit application with PR is 3-4 months but now I have an employer does it speed up the work permit process? Especially if my employer intends for me to work straight away?
Many thanks on anyone who can shed some light
Having a prospective employer makes no difference. It's based on the timeline of the PR application.

Note that this only applies to a "Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada" application (inland). There is NO Open Work Permit for "Family Class" (outland) applications.