+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I go on vacation while my PR application is in process?

_dash

Aug 17, 2015
Hi everyone,
I have applied for OINP and expecting to get my ITA end of April/May ( hopefully ). I wonder if I it's ok to go on vacation after the permanent residence application has been sent? I want to go in June.
Or I do need to stay in Canada while the application is in process? I heard in some cases you cannot leave the country. I wonder what they are and what rules applied to people with situations like mine or similar. I'm here on a valid PGWP work permit and it's not expiring yet.

Thank you very much for any feedback.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are no travel restrictions. No worries about going on a vacation.

The only thing to consider is that once you get a PPR and if you are not from a visa-exempt country, you will have to send your passport to the visa office. They give you 30 days to do this and it takes a couple of weeks until you have it back. Obviously, it will be difficult to travel during this time if you don't have your passport.

However, most people receive the PPR between 4-5 months after AOR, so in your case that will probably be no earlier than September.

_dash

Aug 17, 2015
Dexmoody said:
There are no travel restrictions. No worries about going on a vacation.

The only thing to consider is that once you get a PPR and if you are not from a visa-exempt country, you will have to send your passport to the visa office. They give you 30 days to do this and it takes a couple of weeks until you have it back. Obviously, it will be difficult to travel during this time if you don't have your passport.

However, most people receive the PPR between 4-5 months after AOR, so in your case that will probably be no earlier than September.

Thank you,Dexmoody!