+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I go ahead with unofficial transcript?

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
I have completed my 1 yr course from outside Canada and now planning to study another 1 yr course and this time the program is in-person.

Now going to apply afresh for new study permit application under SDS. But as I am late already for the Fall program and don't want to delay further waiting 1 week for the official transcript to arrive from the college, can I go ahead by including the website printed transcript? It is just a simple page and letters - no sign, no letter head nothing. But I do have an official Letter of completion. Or should I wait till 7-8 June to apply with official transcript?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Is your new program dependent on the completion of your current program? If not, then you can submit unofficial transcripts of your current program but you need to submit the official transcripts of the program that qualifies you for your new program.

I hope I haven't confused you further :D :D :D .

Reactions: rogerdude1

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Is your new program dependent on the completion of your current program? If not, then you can submit unofficial transcripts of your current program but you need to submit the official transcripts of the program that qualifies you for your new program.

I hope I haven't confused you further :D :D :D .
Yeah, my current program is a requirement for the next program. Sorry I forgot to mention it earlier. Thanks for reminding me.. lol

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
GCKey form has these instructions:

Document: Recent Education Transcript

If you're applying for a Post-Graduation Work Permit, you must provide a final transcript from your school that confirms you've completed your study program.

If you're applying for a visa to return to Canada and you have a valid work or study permit, you must submit your most recent school transcript.

Your transcript must be on your school's official letterhead or printed from your school's website and should include information like:

• the classes you attended;
  • when you took these classes;
  • your final marks (if you completed the study program);
  • the reasons why you didn't complete your study program; and
  • anything else that could be relevant.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
GCKey form has these instructions:

Document: Recent Education Transcript

If you're applying for a Post-Graduation Work Permit, you must provide a final transcript from your school that confirms you've completed your study program.

If you're applying for a visa to return to Canada and you have a valid work or study permit, you must submit your most recent school transcript.

Your transcript must be on your school's official letterhead or printed from your school's website and should include information like:

• the classes you attended;
  • when you took these classes;
  • your final marks (if you completed the study program);
  • the reasons why you didn't complete your study program; and
  • anything else that could be relevant.
I believe you still need official transcripts to apply for your new SP. Best to wait one week and do it right.

Reactions: rogerdude1