+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get Temp Work Visa anywhere in Canada? I have POS LMO and packet ready!

deecajun

Jun 19, 2011
There are immigration offices inside of Canada, I am in Ontario. Do these offices handle temp work visas? I've called and called and cannot get thru (Surprise!)

Do they issue temp work permits anywhere but at the border? I don't want to submit online or on paper, I need to get to work ASAP.

I would do ANYthing to avoid the border.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

deecajun said:
There are immigration offices inside of Canada, I am in Ontario. Do these offices handle temp work visas? I've called and called and cannot get thru (Surprise!)

Do they issue temp work permits anywhere but at the border? I don't want to submit online or on paper, I need to get to work ASAP.

I would do ANYthing to avoid the border.
You said previously that you were a visitor, so the Border it is. Whether you want to or not, that is your only choice.

deecajun

Jun 19, 2011
Ok so have application package and positive LMO ready to head to border.

Do i have to cross into the USa then come back or can this be done on the Canadian side?

This is so confusing!

I plan to go to Sault St Marie asap.

deecajun

Jun 19, 2011
Can anyone tell me where I have to GO to get TWP ? I am getting info that says *the border*, yet the CIC says Detroit, Buffalo, etc...

Where am I going with my positive LMO and paperwork to get same day Temp
Work Permit?

ane

May 10, 2011
App. Filed.......
May 8 2019
AOR Received.
July 17 2019
deecajun said:
Can anyone tell me where I have to GO to get TWP ? I am getting info that says *the border*, yet the CIC says Detroit, Buffalo, etc...

Where am I going with my positive LMO and paperwork to get same day Temp
Work Permit?
Do you have valid medicals ie,within 1 year. If you don't they won't do it at the border,u need to apply online in Alberta. it may take nearly 2 months. If you have medicals go to any border office.

ane

May 10, 2011
App. Filed.......
May 8 2019
AOR Received.
July 17 2019
deecajun said:
I was told I won't need medicals, unless they require it,
Who told you that? I had the same situation and at the border offcice they didnot consider my application as i didnot have a valid medicals done. Mine was 2 years already. So i applied online. If you go online you can see they ask for medicals. One question,Are you applying for the first time or renewing the work permit?

deecajun

Jun 19, 2011
First time Temp Work Permit

Have positve LMO and all paperwork, my position may or may not requite a medical since I am from the States. It is not likely that I would need one. I am just trying to figure out if i go to the Border or the CIC inside the states, Detroit being the closest.

deecajun

Jun 19, 2011
Also to get medicals they have to issue you the proper form, you can't just go and get them from what I understand. I would love to have whatever I need ready.

ane

May 10, 2011
App. Filed.......
May 8 2019
AOR Received.
July 17 2019
deecajun said:
Also to get medicals they have to issue you the proper form, you can't just go and get them from what I understand. I would love to have whatever I need ready.
Yes . they have to issue a form. as u r in US you can apply in Detroit in person,then go from there. I thought u were already in Canada. Good Luck and welcome to Canada.

deecajun

Jun 19, 2011
Thanks, I am in Canada.

I am being told I have to leave Canada and re-enter. This is what I am trying to figure out. Detroit or back at Port of Entry?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are visa exempt, you can apply for a work permit as you enter Canada. Just leave and come back. Bring your LMO and $150 for the work permit.

deecajun

Jun 19, 2011
Sorry to be such a pain but I am trying to figure out what *as you enter* means? The Detroit CIC or AT THE BORDER Itself. I have to know how long this is going to take and can I get the permit right then and there at POE if I can go there.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As you enter Canada, that is when you enter Canada at the border or airport. I know some people who have done this. I can not imagine that it takes more than an hour, probably less than half an hour. Are you pressed for time?