+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i flagpole with an expired Canadian Visa?

magidhajj

May 26, 2015
Hello everyone

I am current foreign worker here in BC with a valid post grad work permit but i just got my LMIA so i have to go and get a new work permit.
Can i do it at the borders instead of waiting 68 days if i submit it online?
Can i flagpole with an expired canadian visa? Will the officer let me in if my visa has expired?
Some people told me that i can do it because i have a valid status here in canada, i have a work permit that will expire in 3 months and i just got the LMIA.

What do u think guys? Thank you so much for your help :))

gatorengineer

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-16
Doc's Request.
11-08-16
AOR Received.
27-06-16
IELTS Request
CELPIP Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-07-16
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
magidhajj said:
Hello everyone

I am current foreign worker here in BC with a valid post grad work permit but i just got my LMIA so i have to go and get a new work permit.
Can i do it at the borders instead of waiting 68 days if i submit it online?
Can i flagpole with an expired canadian visa? Will the officer let me in if my visa has expired?
Some people told me that i can do it because i have a valid status here in canada, i have a work permit that will expire in 3 months and i just got the LMIA.

What do u think guys? Thank you so much for your help :))

In My Opinion. NOPE. VISA is the document that facilitates entry into the country and WP is the document that allows you to work.

If you are from a country that requires a TRV to visit Canada then you need to apply for a new TRV, if not then you can just flagpole.
If you have 3 months then why dont you apply inland it takes 68 days (as you pointed out), you will have your new WP before your existing expires.

Apr 7, 2024
I went to the border and asked and the CBSA office said you can flagpole with expired visa since you are within the confines of North America and not leaving the country ...That is what I was told and my friends have flagpoled with expired visa

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
I went to the border and asked and the CBSA office said you can flagpole with expired visa since you are within the confines of North America and not leaving the country ...That is what I was told and my friends have flagpoled with expired visa
You answered an almost 10 years old thread.. ;)