+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I fill US phone number to renew PR

Nov 16, 2017
Hello everyone:
I am filling the form IMM 5444 and in section 2.9 it asks to fill in phone number. I only have US phone number (I previously went to study in US and work for 2 years).
This US number service covers the free call in Canada and US so I am using it all the time. After I submit the application to renew PR and I might go back to US for a period of time, so I will get a call from IRCC (if they call me) while I am in US.

1.Can I fill in this US number in the form? Does anyone do it before?
2.Does the IRCC call your number after you submit your application to verify something? If so, what does IRCC usually verify?
3. Does IRCC prefer to call the applicant who has a US number rather than a Canadian number.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone:
I am filling the form IMM 5444 and in section 2.9 it asks to fill in phone number. I only have US phone number (I previously went to study in US and work for 2 years).
This US number service covers the free call in Canada and US so I am using it all the time. After I submit the application to renew PR and I might go back to US for a period of time, so I will get a call from IRCC (if they call me) while I am in US.

1.Can I fill in this US number in the form? Does anyone do it before?
2.Does the IRCC call your number after you submit your application to verify something? If so, what does IRCC usually verify?
3. Does IRCC prefer to call the applicant who has a US number rather than a Canadian number.
I can't imagine that IRCC will ever call you (certainly not for a PR Card renewal). You status isn't expiring, just the card. All of their communication is via email or snail mail.

1. Yes, you can. No, I have not.