+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I enter 1 day before study permit expires?

EagleMoksh

Nov 9, 2023
Hello,

My study permit expires on 31st dec(based on 1st year course) and Now I am doing 2nd year course and applied for study permit extension however it is taking long and I am planning to go to India for vacation I have in December, I am thinking to come back just day before my study permit expires, so I am thinking to come back to canada on 30 december.

My question is if I will be allowed to enter country a day before my study permit expires? I have my 2nd year fees paid and have letter and everything.

Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

My study permit expires on 31st dec(based on 1st year course) and Now I am doing 2nd year course and applied for study permit extension however it is taking long and I am planning to go to India for vacation I have in December, I am thinking to come back just day before my study permit expires, so I am thinking to come back to canada on 30 december.

My question is if I will be allowed to enter country a day before my study permit expires? I have my 2nd year fees paid and have letter and everything.

Thank you.
Do you have a TRV? If so, yes. Would not leave it that late. If flight is cancelled or airport closed then you are screwed.

Reactions: YVR123

EagleMoksh

Nov 9, 2023
Yea so basically on passport it says last date as 31st Dec 2023 so I am sure they wouldn't allow me after that.

In case if flight and everything gets on time for me then will they allow me to enter on 30 dec or 29 dec or something like that?

I already have visitor visa for 10 years(got it before came here for study), so Is it possible to enter in january first week on visitor visa and continue my 2nd course? my study permit extension with SOWP(outland) is in process and may be I will receive approval by january? so then it shouldn't be issue right?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yea so basically on passport it says last date as 31st Dec 2023 so I am sure they wouldn't allow me after that.

In case if flight and everything gets on time for me then will they allow me to enter on 30 dec or 29 dec or something like that?

I already have visitor visa for 10 years(got it before came here for study), so Is it possible to enter in january first week on visitor visa and continue my 2nd course? my study permit extension with SOWP(outland) is in process and may be I will receive approval by january? so then it shouldn't be issue right?
So you have a 10 year valid TRV? Your study permit expiry is not a TRV. So if TRV is valid you can enter.

EagleMoksh

Nov 9, 2023
Not exactly. I am not sure if visitor visa counts as TRV.

So I have visitor visa applied 2 years back and got it approved for 10 years.

Later I applied for student visa and came here as student and got student visa where it says expiry as 31st dec 2023,

I have already applied for study permit extension based on my 2nd year course but since I applied it with SOWP I think It will take time(Applied both together in Sept 2023).

I have holidays in December-January so I was thinking if I can go back to India for vacation and come back here before my study visa expires(31st dec 2023).
OR
Is it possible to enter canada in January based on visitor visa and continue my 2nd course study?

Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Not exactly. I am not sure if visitor visa counts as TRV.

So I have visitor visa applied 2 years back and got it approved for 10 years.

Later I applied for student visa and came here as student and got student visa where it says expiry as 31st dec 2023,

I have already applied for study permit extension based on my 2nd year course but since I applied it with SOWP I think It will take time(Applied both together in Sept 2023).

I have holidays in December-January so I was thinking if I can go back to India for vacation and come back here before my study visa expires(31st dec 2023).
OR
Is it possible to enter canada in January based on visitor visa and continue my 2nd course study?

Thank you.
A TRV is a visitor visa…same thing. Extension and study permit have nothing to do with this. As long as you have a valid visitor visa/TRV then you can enter.