Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
When i Started this journey, i didn't know much about express entry - so i hired a consultant based in Canada.

However, it seems that through my research (and this wonderful forum!) I am now more knowledgeable than my consultant.

I sent him my latest IELTS results that give me an additional 10 CRS points (i used the CRS tool on the CIC website to calculate), but the consultant replied saying my CRS points did not increase with the new result :eek: :eek:

I have asked him to go back and update my profile with the new result. There is nothing the consultant has told me that i have not learnt on this forum, so

My questions are

1 - does the consultant have any working relationship with CIC, such that if i receive ITA in future he can help follow up to ensure my application is processed on time?

2 - The retainer i signed with him allows me to cancel at any time. However, will i need to create another profile on EE as he created the current one

3 - Can i just create another EE profile myself without telling the consultant, and get a new EE profile number and job seeker validation code?

Thanks in advance

RohanBisht

Jun 3, 2015
I have similar doubts. I am also not happy with my consultant. Topsy, could you tell me after consultant submitted your EE profile, are you yourself able to see it anywhere on the CIC portal? I am not able to see it and I believe that is the normal way with consultant submitting profile on your behalf.
My consultant just sent me few screenshots and PDF which gets generated at the end of submission of express entry profile.

Also, I have noticed that your NOC is 2281 which is same as mine, what exactly your job title?

I am a system/server admin (citrix) to be more specific

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Please find below my answers to your questions.

One_Topsy said:
When i Started this journey, i didn't know much about express entry - so i hired a consultant based in Canada.

However, it seems that through my research (and this wonderful forum!) I am now more knowledgeable than my consultant.

I sent him my latest IELTS results that give me an additional 10 CRS points (i used the CRS tool on the CIC website to calculate), but the consultant replied saying my CRS points did not increase with the new result :eek: :eek:

I have asked him to go back and update my profile with the new result. There is nothing the consultant has told me that i have not learnt on this forum, so

My questions are

1 - does the consultant have any working relationship with CIC, such that if i receive ITA in future he can help follow up to ensure my application is processed on time? I don't think hiring a consultant will have any impact on the outcome of your application since many people have got PPR without using one. I will only advise people with complicated issues to hire a consultant

2 - The retainer i signed with him allows me to cancel at any time. However, will i need to create another profile on EE as he created the current one- You will have to find out from the consultant if you will be given access to your profile after cancellation

3 - Can i just create another EE profile myself without telling the consultant, and get a new EE profile number and job seeker validation code? - I think CIC is against people having more than one profile in the pool. However, please note that it is possible to have 2 profiles as I have created 2 profiles before and the 2 were in the pool before I eventually deleted the 2nd one.

Thanks in advance

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
RohanBisht said:
I have similar doubts. I am also not happy with my consultant. Topsy, could you tell me after consultant submitted your EE profile, are you yourself able to see it anywhere on the CIC portal? I am not able to see it and I believe that is the normal way with consultant submitting profile on your behalf.
My consultant just sent me few screenshots and PDF which gets generated at the end of submission of express entry profile. This is just not true. Ofcourse you should have access to your own profile! After all it is your information in the profile. Ask your consultant to send your GC key username and password, then you can access your own EE profile

Also, I have noticed that your NOC is 2281 which is same as mine, what exactly your job title?

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
RohanBisht said:
My consultant just sent me few screenshots and PDF which gets generated at the end of submission of express entry profile.

Seems we have a lot in common!

My consultant just sent me PDF screenshots of my profile as well. I don't have the details to access my profile, so i don't even know whats going on, if any emails have been received etc.

I am a system/network admin as well. I do Microsoft and Cisco.

I am having trouble just getting him to update my profile which i can do myself. I'm just concerned about creating a new EE profile without deleting the old one

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One_Topsy said:
Seems we have a lot in common!

My consultant just sent me PDF screenshots of my profile as well. I don't have the details to access my profile, so i don't even know whats going on, if any emails have been received etc.

I am a system/network admin as well. I do Microsoft and Cisco.

I am having trouble just getting him to update my profile which i can do myself. I'm just concerned about creating a new EE profile without deleting the old one
Create another EE profile and ditch him, in that way you'll be in control of your application and save your money. There is no special advantage in hiring a consultant.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Thanks so much guys.

Really helpful

RohanBisht

Jun 3, 2015
Hi Sita,

The consultant says they create profile for their clients using agent ID and there are profiles of different clients under one agent ID which they can not share, so probably there is no specific GCkey for one client.

Topsy can confirm on this if he is given the same reason?

I did a big mistake by hiring this stupid consultant. There is nothing extra they did to save my time, in fact at every step I pushed them to move my case. Was not aware of swiftness and quality of this forum.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
RohanBisht said:
Hi Sita,

The consultant says they create profile for their clients using agent ID and there are profiles of different clients under one agent ID which they can not share, so probably there is no specific GCkey for one client.

I did a big mistake by hiring this stupid consultant. There is nothing extra they did to save my time, in fact at every step I pushed them to move my case. Was not aware of swiftness and quality of this forum.
Well i didn't ask, but all the forms he gave me to fill carried his agent id, registration number etc... So i want to assume you're correct as he gave me the same docs you got.

I also practically forced my consultant to create EE profile. took him almost a week after i gave him test results and ECA docs.

Now to update profile with new language test results, is another delay.

These consultants.... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
RohanBisht said:
Hi Sita,

This sounds totally crazy. I don't even think this is possible. One GC key user id can be linked to only one profile/user it can't have multiple in the same (at least that is my understanding).

Are you applying from India? Who is your consultant? I know Y-axis and Opulentus don't have this shitty policy! they give each client their user id and passwords and we can any time go and access our profiles and so can the consultant.

What you are stating is highly risky and cumbersome. Not knowing exactly what these consultants are filling up in your profile. And you are right they are so lackadaisical in their approach...even to make a small change or answering a simple query they take a week's time!

Such a waste of our hard earned money. This forum is far more resourceful than any consultancy could ever be!

Just be careful while creating a fresh profile...ensure the consultant withdraws your previous one...I don't know how this will work if one person has two profiles simultaneously.

Ichowdhury

Jul 8, 2015
Need detailed help with the process of sending transcripts to WES including the address where the transcripts need to reach, what other accompaniments are required and how much money do they charge(apart from the courier charges). Can anybody guide me?
Please share the cic link as well.
I am in the process of creating my EE profile. Can I safely avoid consultancy and do everything by myself including the PnP nominations as and when required. Or should I hire a consultant?
Please help seniors

ADteam

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dropped my consultant early on. As they were not creating my EE with the information they had and the draw date was getting closer. This forum has a lot of wonderful people helping each other.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
ADteam said:
I dropped my consultant early on. As they were not creating my EE with the information they had and the draw date was getting closer. This forum has a lot of wonderful people helping each other.
+1