+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I DHL or FedEx my PR cards

alstar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
LANDED..........
07-08-2017
Hi All,

I have done my first landing in Toronto a couple of weeks back and just wanted to know if I can go back to my home country and my uncle in canada, Dhl or FedEx my PR cards to me in dubai? I have a job to go back to and I can't really stay for 60 days here..

-A

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Hi All,

I have done my first landing in Toronto a couple of weeks back and just wanted to know if I can go back to my home country and my uncle in canada, Dhl or FedEx my PR cards to me in dubai? I have a job to go back to and I can't really stay for 60 days here..

-A
Many faced the same issue before. When they contacted CIC, some were told its fine but it could be seized if found by customs, and some were told its illegal for a third party to carry someone elses pr card outside the country and that the person should instead apply for a PRTD to come back to Canada. Same sort of confusion came when asking couriers, DHL said they can ship your PR card, fedex said we can only take it to the canadian embassy in that country, and again with both it can be seized by customs.
Why not just leave it for now instead of opening this can of worms and apply instead for PRTD from abu dhabi when you decide to go back to canada?

Crb08

Nov 16, 2016
Hello - we did our landing in last week of July. At the airport, immigration officer said there is no need to fill up PR application form. It is sent directly to mailing address.

Can someone confirm if that is correct? Also will they mail the card to a US address?

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Hello - we did our landing in last week of July. At the airport, immigration officer said there is no need to fill up PR application form. It is sent directly to mailing address.

Can someone confirm if that is correct? Also will they mail the card to a US address?
They only mail pr cards inside Canada as far as I know.
In your online file, did you provide them with a Canadian address? If yes, then thats the address they are sending your card on. If it happens to be different than where you want it sent, you should update it online. Good luck

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON

You don't fill the form, but they ask you for a Canadian address. Were you not asked by the officer to provide a Canadian address?

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
So did anyone mail the card outside of Canada ? Did it reach?

hassaan_anwar

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
bump! i called dhl in UAE and in canada and they said its fine. As the card has a chip, it will be physically inspected by the customs. Has anyone send the card outside canada ?