+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I come to Canada and stay with Canadian wife having completed Outland appli?

milesp

Mar 21, 2016
Devon
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2016
i am British, completed Outland application for spousal sponsorship with canadian wife in Canada. Being apart so long is really frustrating -Can i visit canada and stay without working until we get our results back.
Would appreciate any advice. Many thanks

yamgia

Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
milesp said:
i am British, completed Outland application for spousal sponsorship with canadian wife in Canada. Being apart so long is really frustrating -Can i visit canada and stay without working until we get our results back.
As long you are able to stay legal in Canada till then, then yes. The application doesn't forbid you from going and staying in Canada like you normally would when visiting her.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
milesp said:
you're british. you can come and go as you please.

if you think that's frustrating, try sponsoring a spouse from a non visa exempt country. my wife can't visit me because CIC will not issue her a visitor visa, and i can't visit her because that would mean resigning from my job and abandoning my aging parents who wouldn't be able to survive without my financial support. it has been 10 months since i saw her face. this country that i used to love is now my prison.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flx2015 said:
you're british. you can come and go as you please.

if you think that's frustrating, try sponsoring a spouse from a non visa exempt country. my wife can't visit me because CIC will not issue her a visitor visa, and i can't visit her because that would mean resigning from my job and abandoning my aging parents who wouldn't be able to survive without my financial support. it has been 10 months since i saw her face. this country that i used to love is now my prison.
A British can be denied entry at the port of entry if CBSA finds out about his intentions of overstaying or the non-temporary visitor purpose of his visit .

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
TANMEX said:
A British can be denied entry at the port of entry if CBSA finds out about his intentions of overstaying or the non-temporary visitor purpose of his visit .
do they ask whether the traveller has any family in canada? what happens if the traveller lies? that would be misrepresentation and that too should lead to a 5 year ban.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flx2015 said:
do they ask whether the traveller has any family in canada? what happens if the traveller lies? that would be misrepresentation and that too should lead to a 5 year ban.
they ask the purpose of the visit and how long you are staying , he can lie but they can find out . I have seen many cases on that Customs TV show .

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
TANMEX said:
they ask the purpose of the visit and how long you are staying , he can lie but they can find out . I have seen many cases on that Customs TV show .
how strict are cbsa in their checkups compared to visa officers that process TRVs for non visa exempt travellers?

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
flx2015 said:
how strict are cbsa in their checkups compared to visa officers that process TRVs for non visa exempt travellers?
They can be fairly strict, in my experience, even though I wasn't lying about anything. They can and will search your phone and other electronics if they deem it's necessary or suspect that you are lying (I haven't had that happen).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
TANMEX said:
Lie about what? It's perfectly fine to tell CBSA he is coming to visit his spouse while his PR app is processed.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Since you are a British citizen, you will most likely be let in with no problems as a visitor. Do not lie to the border agent. Many people come to Canada as a visitor after submitting their outland PR application, ordinarily with no problem if they are from a visa-exempt country (as you are). Have a copy of the forms or proof that you have submitted the PR app, such as a copy of the receipt or proof your sponsor was approved; a return ticket with a specific date; proof of any ties to the UK. Probably the border agent will not ask to see any of this, but it is best to be prepared. You have to be clear that you are just coming to Canada to visit, and will leave if the PR application is denied. Do not say you are moving to Canada - because then yes, you might be denied entry. You will probably be given 6 months at the border; if not, the border agent will stamp your passport with the date you have to leave by. You can apply to extend this stay about one month before it expires.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
canadianwoman said:
Since you are a British citizen, you will most likely be let in with no problems as a visitor. Do not lie to the border agent. Many people come to Canada as a visitor after submitting their outland PR application, ordinarily with no problem if they are from a visa-exempt country (as you are). Have a copy of the forms or proof that you have submitted the PR app, such as a copy of the receipt or proof your sponsor was approved; a return ticket with a specific date; proof of any ties to the UK. Probably the border agent will not ask to see any of this, but it is best to be prepared. You have to be clear that you are just coming to Canada to visit, and will leave if the PR application is denied. Do not say you are moving to Canada - because then yes, you might be denied entry. You will probably be given 6 months at the border; if not, the border agent will stamp your passport with the date you have to leave by. You can apply to extend this stay about one month before it expires.
so much simpler than applying for a TRV. you guys are lucky.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
Lie about what? It's perfectly fine to tell CBSA he is coming to visit his spouse while his PR app is processed.
the person above asked if he could lie about the purpose of his visit , I replied by saying of course he can lie and Of course they can find out .
Yes its fine to visit his spouse , but he is saying he will stay in Canada until the app is approved , so that's a lie right there is he say he is only visiting .

You need to read his post .

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
TANMEX said:
the person above asked if he could lie about the purpose of his visit , I replied by saying of course he can lie and Of course they can find out .
Yes its fine to visit his spouse , but he is saying he will stay in Canada until the app is approved , so that's a lie right there is he say he is only visiting .

You need to read his post .
Lying to CBSA agent is a federal offense. So if agent find out otherwise his intentions, caught lying, he can be charge. Be up front about his intentions and he will be fine.