+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I come as a worker with B-1 visa?

FuzzPanda

Dec 18, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have applied for a work permit online and it's approved. However, I'm not issued a TRV for my work permit. I guess it's because I still have a valid multiple-entry visitor-business visa (B-1).

My question is whether I'm allowed to enter Canada with B-1 visa and LOI (letter of introduction). I have asked IRCC many times but got no replies.

According to https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=208&top=22, it seems V-1 visa + LOI is ok. But I don't know whether B-1 visa + LOI works.

Thank you all!

nitkings

May 18, 2024
Same situation here. Will old valid multiple entry B-1 visa work with work permit approval for entry into Canada?

nitkings

May 18, 2024
Hi. I received a letter from IRCC that states that my previous valid B-1 trv will work with my approved work permit. There is no need to apply separately for a W-1 visa. Hope this helps.

forevermore76

Star Member
May 19, 2024
Hi. I received a letter from IRCC that states that my previous valid B-1 trv will work with my approved work permit. There is no need to apply separately for a W-1 visa. Hope this helps.
In simplest terms, a TRV lets you board the airplane to come to Canada irrelevant of what you do here and a permit let's you stay in Canada.

Reactions: nitkings