+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I claim 50 points for EE, if I have ICT visa with LMIA number living outside Canada Currently

hellogirl

Dec 17, 2017
Hi,
This is my express entry profile is.Please suggest if I can claim 50 points for Express entry.

Visa type- ICT applied by indian service company
NOC type- A, Title- Software engineer
LMIA applied in april 2017.
Invite letter not required.One of the supporting document from company says- the visa is requested for temporary status for 18 months. Can i still consider this as an offer? Or do i need some supporting letter from company?
Got passport stamped till Sep 2019.
I am currently staying outside Canada. Never been to Canada on work visa.

Please help.I am new to this process so not familiar with process and terms.

Thanks.

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
ICT visa is LMIA exempt. You do not have LMIA. So cannot claim 50 points

hellogirl

Dec 17, 2017
ICT visa is LMIA exempt. You do not have LMIA. So cannot claim 50 points
Where can I check if it is ICT Visa or not. My employer said they are filing for ICT. On passport it says Visa type as worker. I do have LMIA. So are you saying, I can’t claim 50 points?
Note- my spouse has open work permit. If that helps for EE?

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
Where can I check if it is ICT Visa or not. My employer said they are filing for ICT. On passport it says Visa type as worker. I do have LMIA. So are you saying, I can’t claim 50 points?
Note- my spouse has open work permit. If that helps for EE?
ICT visa will have visa type as worker. (I too was on ICT visa)

Did your company give you the LMIA document? The number that you have might be the ESDC confirmation for LMIA exemption. Check with your company to confirm.

It is highly unlikely that an Indian IT company applied LMIA when they can easily get an LMIA exempt ICT visa.

Your spouse's open work permit will not help until he/she completes 1 year of experience in Canada.

hellogirl

Dec 17, 2017
ICT visa will have visa type as worker. (I too was on ICT visa)

Did your company give you the LMIA document? The number that you have might be the ESDC confirmation for LMIA exemption. Check with your company to confirm.

It is highly unlikely that an Indian IT company applied LMIA when they can easily get an LMIA exempt ICT visa.

Your spouse's open work permit will not help until he/she completes 1 year of experience in Canada.
I see the answer to below question in one of the forms as-

What type of work permit are you applying for? - Exemption from Labour market impact assessment.

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
I see the answer to below question in one of the forms as-

What type of work permit are you applying for? - Exemption from Labour market impact assessment.
So you cannot claim 50 points now. You can claim later though after working in Canada for 1 year (if you satisfy few other conditions.)

hellogirl

Dec 17, 2017
So you cannot claim 50 points now. You can claim later though after working in Canada for 1 year (if you satisfy few other conditions.)
Thanks so much for the clarification. Disappointed though that my score is going down. Loosing hope:(

Jul 24, 2018
Hello Ajith,

Mine is a similar case. I've been working in Montreal for a year under a ICT WP that's LMIA exempt. Would I be able to claim the 50 points for job offer? My WP is for 2 years. If yes, what document would I need to support this?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello Ajith,

Mine is a similar case. I've been working in Montreal for a year under a ICT WP that's LMIA exempt. Would I be able to claim the 50 points for job offer? My WP is for 2 years. If yes, what document would I need to support this?
Hi Arun, does your offer/employment letter say that it has an end date?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi Ajith
They gave me a secondment letter for the ICT which does not have a end date but the sipporsupp documents submitted while applying the WP say the duration is 2 years ending in Aug 2019
So that basically means you will have less than 1 yr when you submit your application. Can you get a letter of refernce with this line that “the job offer will be valid for a year from the date of approving your PR” ?

Jul 24, 2018
So that basically means you will have less than 1 yr when you submit your application. Can you get a letter of refernce with this line that “the job offer will be valid for a year from the date of approving your PR” ?
Unfortunately no. I won't be able to go back to my employer. Would that be a deterrent to claim the points ?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Unfortunately no. I won't be able to go back to my employer. Would that be a deterrent to claim the points ?
That infact may end being in a grey zone which can swing either ways with the case officer either accepting it(less likely) or saying no to the 50 points(very likely)....
without the 50 points for the job offer what is your score?

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018
My score is 430 without the offer letter. What supporting document do I need to produce for the offer letter ? Would iti be the same set of documents that I submitted while applying for WP?
Also I've sent for Wes evaluation for my online PGDM that I did in India (the university was listed in Wes site while creating a profile). Am not sure if they would consider that as a diploma or certificate to gain some additional points.

ganesh2011

Jan 27, 2017
Hi ,
I have 4 years canadian experience and my score is 436. I am came through ICT and my visa is going to expire on coming March 2019. I have secondment letter and without end date. It has start date. Based on that, can I claim 50 points? My noc code 2171.
Note:- I can't able to extend my visa also. This is my fifth year.