+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i change my institute before going t canada :PMM & syclla plz rep

ducaticanada

Dec 5, 2013
Can i change my institute and level of education before going to canada ...... I got visa on master base if change my uni and take admission in diploma or bachelor is that legal plz rep urgent .thanks

degvire

Dec 30, 2013
You can.

Post-secondary student

You may change your school, program and/or field of study without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid.
If you are changing your level of study (e.g., bachelor's to master's), you do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either.

Source: CIC

stmani

Sep 18, 2011
but few members on this forum told me certain procedure are required to be followed for changing the level of study....can somebody confirm the above plzzzzzz

stmani

Sep 18, 2011
so you're saying we can change the level of course i.e. from master to a diploma level from the very begining and there's no problem doing that and after completion of that diploma program we'll be granted work permit?

is there any official link confirming that?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
stmani said:
so you're saying we can change the level of course i.e. from master to a diploma level from the very beginning and there's no problem doing that and after completion of that diploma program we'll be granted work permit?

is there any official link confirming that?
here is the link but be careful sometimes they put conditions on ur study permit and also there was a case of a student who left canada and while coming in he was not permitted in
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=487&t=15

here is the case of rejection at POE. I do think it was in error but I am not sure what has happened here
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t178430.0.html