+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i change my field?

nitinpahwa77

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Hello, I need some help from you. I completed my b.tech in mechanical. I am not interested in pursuing a course in the mechnical field. Is there any way to change my field? I am interested in web designing and mobile app development. Is there any way to change the field?

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
nitinpahwa77 said:
Hello, I need some help from you. I completed my b.tech in mechanical. I am not interested in pursuing a course in the mechnical field. Is there any way to change my field? I am interested in web designing and mobile app development. Is there any way to change the field?
you can change it through your college...I came for accounting and ended up doing Law. You can always extend your study permit.

nitinpahwa77

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Hey, thanks for your response. Do we need to inform CIC after changing the course? As it will be a totally irrelevant course. And will it create problem while applying for PR?

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
nitinpahwa77 said:
Hey, thanks for your response. Do we need to inform CIC after changing the course? As it will be a totally irrelevant course. And will it create problem while applying for PR?
You do not have to notify CIC. I did not notify them. But what you want to ensure is that the program you selected falls under the correct NOC which later on allows you to apply for your canadian Class experience visa and Permanent resident.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

Because i remember a friend of mine brother couldnt apply for his PR because his program did not fall under the NOC listed under CIC that allows you to apply for your PR

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
nitinpahwa77 said:
You don't need to apply for new SP or notify CIC if you changing a course, however you need to notify CIC if you changing DLI (but no need to apply for new SP).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-postsec.asp

nitinpahwa77

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
pfse said:
You don't need to apply for new SP or notify CIC if you changing a course, however you need to notify CIC if you changing DLI (but no need to apply for new SP).

Hello, I will apply for a mechanical diploma and will change my course to web designing or mobile app development programming. Will it help me to get PR after completing the course?

nitinpahwa77

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
pfse said:

Hello, I will apply for a mechanical diploma and will change my course to web designing or mobile app development programming. Will it help me to get PR after completing the course? Will I be able to apply PR after completing the course?

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
nitinpahwa77 said:
Hello, I will apply for a mechanical diploma and will change my course to web designing or mobile app development programming. Will it help me to get PR after completing the course?
Most probably changing the course will not help you to get PR, but it won't hurt either. IRCC lately dropped "in-demand jobs list", so all the jobs which are under NOC 0, A or B are equal in terms of possibility to get PR. Some provinces may still keep "eligible occupation lists" for their own PNP programs, but you must research what occupations are in demand at specific time, since it may change every few months.