+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I change my course after visa?

Nature Goh

Jun 5, 2017
Dear All,

Sorry if this topic is mentioned previously.

I have a Bachelor of Computer Science and Engineering in my country. I have worked for 10 years. Now I want to move to Canada. I am applying the Post Graduate Course, 1 year, studying about business. Is it possible for me to change to a Post-Secondary course about Computer Networks after having the VISA and landing in Canada?

In fact I focus on the Computer Networks - Post Secondary Program; however, a consulting center advised that I should apply for a Post Graduate since it is easier to get the VISA under CES program. After VISA, I will go to Canada and change my course later.

This is my most considerable matter because it will take my finance and time if I fail to change. Would you please advise me?

Thanks,
Na Goh.

Duy_Anh

Jul 15, 2021
hello,

I have choosen a 1 yr graduate certificate program and I have got visa for this fall intake. But I would like to know can i change my program in the same college after getting visa. Currently I am planning to change my program from 1yr graduate certifciate to 2 yr advanced diploma program. By changing the program it will also change my field of study. Is it possible? will it cause any problem with canadian embassy.
Hi Rick86, could you please tell me how did it go with your situation ? I am in the exact situation and it's making worried sick. Thank you.

Idk2

May 19, 2022
hello
If anyone has changed their course before entering into Canada, which LOA did you show at POE.Also did you inform IRCC?

sukh909

Jan 10, 2024
hello
If anyone has changed their course before entering into Canada, which LOA did you show at POE.Also did you inform IRCC?
Good day,
Sir I want to change my course to another program in same dli from India which is same in level of study but the field of study is different because i got my visa after the deadline of my college.should i face any problem at the port of entry at airport ?