+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I change from a CSQ application to Express Entry?

jaime_rz

Jun 16, 2018
Hi, I have an ongoing application with Mon Project Quebec started 2 years ago and it has been a year since I submitted my documents. My application status is ''in progress (en traitement)'' with no final responses yet, just more delay notifications if anything.

However at this point I am no longer interested in residing in Quebec but rather in English speaking provinces. Can I fill an EE profile and if I get an ITA proceed with it even if I applied for a CSQ? I still have not completed the money to show the minimum funds required for an EE application but I estimate I will complete it in around 6 months. If by that time I have received my CSQ, can I simply ignore it or ask Quebec's ministry of immigration to revoke it and proceed with the EE application? Or can I simply not switch since I have already applied for a CSQ?

Thanks!

sherry2008

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
If you are eligible for EE, you don’t choose QSW.QSW processing is a long journey(federal stage processing time is 16 months). you will get pr in 6 months at EE if you submit your application to CIC.
You can fill an EE profile and get an ITA. Regarding CSQ, you can ignore it.

jaime_rz

Jun 16, 2018
If you are eligible for EE, you don’t choose QSW.QSW processing is a long journey(federal stage processing time is 16 months). you will get pr in 6 months at EE if you submit your application to CIC.
You can fill an EE profile and get an ITA. Regarding CSQ, you can ignore it.
I know I am elegible since I have done the point estimation and I am aware of processing times, I submitted my CSQ application because 2 years ago having the funds for EE was not possible at all. I just wanted to be sure having done this would not jeopardize a potential EE application now that I am close to gathering the funds.

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
I know I am elegible since I have done the point estimation and I am aware of processing times, I submitted my CSQ application because 2 years ago having the funds for EE was not possible at all. I just wanted to be sure having done this would not jeopardize a potential EE application now that I am close to gathering the funds.
What happened to your EE application?

Reactions: Vishnutorres

Vishnutorres

Dec 7, 2018
Plz any answer
I was not ready for express entry 3years ago.
Now I can apply for EE... any advice.
With csq Ican't wait 17 months it is too long.
Thanks.

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just go for EE.. ignore CSQ . Nothing happens even if you apply for EE as your application still sitting in the Quebec immi not federal. One of my classmates got PR from EE with CSQ in process

Reactions: Vishnutorres