+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I ask for an extension beyond 60 days to file for PR?

ss1092

May 16, 2019
Hello! I have an invitation to apply and the deadline is approaching in ~3 weeks. We're waiting on some of my husband's documents and I want to know if I can request CIC to grant me an extension in case we don't receive the documents in time.

Thank you!!

Adpr

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
Unfortunately you cant.

Cic can only consider some allowances for the police certificate but not for other documents.

ss1092

May 16, 2019
Unfortunately you cant.

Cic can only consider some allowances for the police certificate but not for other documents.
Okay - I should have mentioned what documents we are waiting on.So yes, police certificate is the only document we are waiting on. It is in process but may not make it back in time for the deadline. How does one ask for an extension in this case?

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Okay - I should have mentioned what documents we are waiting on.So yes, police certificate is the only document we are waiting on. It is in process but may not make it back in time for the deadline. How does one ask for an extension in this case?
Submit your file. In place of PCC holder put a letter requesting more time and explain y is it taking time . State an estimated time of receiving the document and hope that officer gets convinced