+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i Apply with Letter of Completion and official transript??

Ultimate_One

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
7-11-2015
Med's Done....
30-10-2015
Passport Req..
16-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2016
I made my profile on 28 June ...Got ITA in 12 draw...now i am worndering what to do??

I have completed M.Eng from canada by the end of june 2015... i will get my Letter of Completion and Official transript by mid August...I already got an ITA since i said degree awarded for masters....I want to know if its OKJ to apply for PR with those or do i need to have a degree???? Kindly any response would be appreciated...

Reactions: jamilmuradov

Ultimate_One

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
7-11-2015
Med's Done....
30-10-2015
Passport Req..
16-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2016
Nobody knows???

Ultimate_One

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
7-11-2015
Med's Done....
30-10-2015
Passport Req..
16-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2016
So many people but yet noone knows....thats strange!!!

Ustaad

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
hey I think if we ask for a provisional degree from the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research telling them our situation, that should work. But in your situation, you received ITA on something you do not have at hand. (You told that you will get the transcripts and letter of completion. When I got an ITA, I had the completion letter and transcripts, still declined the ITA in fear of my application being rejected on a later date. I will request the University to give a provisional degree and then recreate my EE profile..my score is 478..hope I will get ITA again..

opindersinghbuttar

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ultimate_One said:
So many people but yet noone knows....thats strange!!!
Probably because most members have foreign degrees and need to get ECA done for their education.

In your case, a majority of the forum members can't comment on how CIC would treat a letter of completion cuz ECA is not required for any Canadian study. They may want to see a degree certificate along with official transcripts but I really do not have any idea regarding the efficacy of the "letter of completion" towards the PR process.

You may want to get a Provisional Degree Certificate to prove your studies.

check under PROOF OF STUDIES on this page:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Ustaad

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Yes, this page says "Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of
secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available"

They say Proof of Canadian Studies can include the above said things. They did not say must include. This means other proofs can also work or I am trying to be optimistic :p

opindersinghbuttar

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ustaad said:
Yes, this page says "Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of
secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available"

They say Proof of Canadian Studies can include the above said things. They did not say must include. This means other proofs can also work or I am trying to be optimistic :p
I am not saying you shouldn't be optimistic, but a lot of people have faced rejection due to insufficient or wrong documentation.

To make things a bit clear, they ask for Foreign Degree certificates even after one has them verified from WES.
Means WES saying "Mr So and So holds a Masters degree which is Equivalent to a Canadian Masters Degree" isn't enough evidence for CIC. They still want to see that Degree Certificate for their OWN record keeping.

but that's just my opinion of it.

jamilmuradov

Star Member
Feb 23, 2019
I made my profile on 28 June ...Got ITA in 12 draw...now i am worndering what to do??

I have completed M.Eng from canada by the end of june 2015... i will get my Letter of Completion and Official transript by mid August...I already got an ITA since i said degree awarded for masters....I want to know if its OKJ to apply for PR with those or do i need to have a degree???? Kindly any response would be appreciated...
Hey! What did you end up doing?