+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i apply PCC FOR COUNTRY where I have never stayed?

yogi.shetty

May 15, 2016
I am a crew member (Princess Cruise) I have already submitted by CIC application and explanation letter informing them that I have never resided in any country during my work,

Now they are requesting me to apply for PCC for Bermuda and fill Generic & Schedule form A and send to them. I am not sure why they are asking me for the PCC as I have never stayed there. I guess they are asking this because my employer registered office is in Bermuda, but I am not sure.

I am planning to send them an explanation letter along with the required forms? Will they reject my application if I am trying to explain again about my my non stay in Bermuda?

I also wanted to check when I dont have any local Bermuda address to provide for Bermuda PCC can I still apply the PCC?

can you please guide?

In my case will they cancel my application if I try to explain them my situation?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I could relate this to a scenario where the PCC is mandated even if someone has had a distance/online education from a university in a different country although they were physically not present there. Better to get one from that country.I feel you should be able to apply irrespective of having lived there or not. You could always request more time from CIC as needed if it is taking time to apply for one.

sammy89

Feb 1, 2017
DEEPCUR said:
I could relate this to a scenario where the PCC is mandated even if someone has had a distance/online education from a university in a different country although they were physically not present there. Better to get one from that country.I feel you should be able to apply irrespective of having lived there or not. You could always request more time from CIC as needed if it is taking time to apply for one.
Deepcur - Can you please advise - I did my ACCA and B.SC (Hons) and my WES report says country as UK. How should I incorporate this info in my personal history because it was a distance program which I completed from India. Do I get a UK PCC or shall I mention Pakistan in my personal history section where I have mentioned 'Education' as I have never lived or visited UK?

Please advise. Thanks,

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
yogi.shetty said:
I also wanted to check when I dont have any local Bermuda address to provide for Bermuda PCC can I still apply the PCC?

can you please guide?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/bermuda.asp

I know, it seems unfair to you that they are requesting for a PCC in a country that you've never lived, but as you just deduced yourself, it's probably because your employer is registered in Bermuda, or the employment certificate you submitted states so.

Now, do you really want to roll the dice and risk your PR application by not complying to CIC's request?

If for any reason Bermuda officials deny the PCC request because you didn't live there: then that's what you submit to CIC.

You have to show CIC you tried to comply within reason.

nishadmakol

Nov 1, 2016
As part of my international MBA I was a student and stayed in Singapore from 9th Apr 2011 to 2nd Oct 2011 (176 Days in totality).

I have I received my ITA in the last draw. Specific question here is that as part of my international MBA, I have stayed in Singapore for 176 Days. Do you think still I need to get the Police verification from Singapore as well as these are 4 days short than 180 days mentioned by you?

Thanks

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
nishadmakol said:
As part of my international MBA I was a student and stayed in Singapore from 9th Apr 2011 to 2nd Oct 2011 (176 Days in totality).

I have I received my ITA in the last draw. Specific question here is that as part of my international MBA, I have stayed in Singapore for 176 Days. Do you think still I need to get the Police verification from Singapore as well as these are 4 days short than 180 days mentioned by you?

Thanks
You don't need a PCC for Singapore as you have stayed for 176 days. I would suggest you add a LoE mentioning that you stayed for 176 days and therefore, you have not included that PCC. CIC will know that you have calculated the dates as 176.