+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply in different quota? if I have degree and experience

anant_9sept

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Hi,

Here are my details :

College Degree : BCom in 2006and 1 year experience in Marketing. (FIRST JOB) 8)

IT Certificate : Software Development in 2007 and currently working as Software Engin(CURRENT)6 years of experience. (CURRENT) 8)

Since quota for IT codes 2173 and 2174 are full :eek:, I am seeking for suggestion/help if I could apply on 1123 (Marketing) quota? . I have college degree in BCom and have 1 years experience in it with relieving letter and experience letter. 8)

Will the PR FSW VISA has code name? Will it affect my job search in canada?

PLEASE HELP!!!!! :)

Thanks
Anantgyan

arika

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/10/2014
Nomination.....
14/01/2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2015
Hey,
1. If during last 10 years you have at least 1 year of full-time payed working experience in any NOC listed for FSWP2014, you can apply. Since you meet this criteria, go ahead.
2. As an evidence you must provide Reference letter drawn per CIC requirements only.
3. Your degree's specialization doesn't matter.
4. After getting PR you can look for a job in any area, like any other Canadian guy.

Hope this helps.

anant_9sept

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Awesome. Thanks a lot... :) :) :)

some more small questions. PLEASE SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE.... :)

"If during last 10 years you have at least 1 year of full-time payed working experience in any NOC listed for FSWP2014, you can apply. Since you meet this criteria, go ahead."
1. Are you sure that I can file my Visa with experience in Marketing which I had 6 years back? Isn't it matter? Will they not see my current experience in IT?
2. While applying for PR FSW Visa, I have to show my Software Engineer experience as well, What is the probability of getting rejected on this basis as I am not working in Marketing since last 6 years.

These are very important for me to know before I proceed .... Please let me know so that I can start my process ASAP.

Thanks in advance...

arika

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/10/2014
Nomination.....
14/01/2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2015
You're welcome, Anant ;)

However, it looks like you haven't learned much about FSWP yet. I'd strongly suggest you to start with the primary sourse here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp

As per your questions:

anant_9sept said:
1. Are you sure that I can file my Visa with experience in Marketing which I had 6 years back? Isn't it matter? Will they not see my current experience in IT?
It's not me, friend. It's CIC and their eligibility criteria ;)
Copy-paste from their guide: [To be eligible] You have at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in continuous part-time) paid work experience in the last ten years in an eligible occupation.'

anant_9sept said:
2. While applying for PR FSW Visa, I have to show my Software Engineer experience as well, What is the probability of getting rejected on this basis as I am not working in Marketing since last 6 years.
Again - there's no such probability. As it is irrelevant to FSWP eligibility requirements.

arika

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/10/2014
Nomination.....
14/01/2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2015
To be very honest, things you should really worry about are:

1. Concrete Reference letters, especially for your primary occupation. May be not too easy to arrange for employment back in 2006.

2. ECA of you degree. As it takes time to get it done, while you have only 1.5 months left.

Start from here and good luck with application! ;)

anant_9sept

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Thanks alot arika,

Thanks to god, I have all reference letter for all my occupation, even for primary one.
Even I am done with IELTS and ECA already.

Last question : Will the reference letter should be provided mandatory with IDCard or Visiting card of managers/supervisors? Do we know any alternative?

After this I think I am good to go.

Thanks

arika

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/10/2014
Nomination.....
14/01/2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2015
Well, it's great you have all the docs in hands!

No, it's not mandatory.
You may include them as additional supporting documents if you wish.
Generally people do so if they're unable to obtain appropriate reference letters and need to prove that a person who issued the letter was actually an applicant's supervisor/colleague.

anant_9sept

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Hi ,

One doubt : I did IT full time course in 2006-2007 and along with it I was working as Full Time Paid employee in 2006-2007 in marketing.

Will it be OK, if I show my IT course full time and 1 year work experience in Marketing in same year 2006-2007? :)

I hope it should be Ok, but could you please also confirm. 8)

Many thanks :) :) :) :)