+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i apply for Tourist visa while waiting my PR visa?

edwin1266

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
davao city
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC- Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 19, 2010
LANDED..........
dec 23, 2010
i'm 43 yrs old having 3 children and presently resides here in the Philippines.
my wife worked in canada since july 2005 as a caregiver, she got her open permit last march 2008,  as well sa TEMPORY RESIDENT STATUS as per R183(6) application for Permanent Resident in Process,and she already done medical examination last nov '08
i got Application for Permanent ( LC2 )from candadian emabssy together with documents needed last aug 2008 , and i filled up and comply all the requirements then sent back  mailed  to the embassy on Sept 08 all the documents. but until now i have not recievd any feedback from the canadian embassy,
my question:
1, how will i know what was the status of our application sent last septembr '09.?
2. can i apply for Tourist visa even if  i have a pending application for my PR?

thank u very much for having this kind of opportunity it's a big help for us,

God bless!

edwin1266

p.s
i have the application number
sent by the canadian embassy

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can not see your application status online, see https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en ?

You can try applying for a tourist visa but there's no guarantee that you will get one.

edwin1266

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
davao city
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC- Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 19, 2010
LANDED..........
dec 23, 2010
thanks for the info leon:
i visited already the link u gave, and they don't recognized my I.D number as i entered. i have only one number found in the Upper Right side of the APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN CANADA ( LC2 ) Office file number or ( IMM 1343 Case-Label )
here's the pattern:
957B-8 digets-E
other documents received:
IMM 0008, 5476, 5406, 5490

another thing is that, What Category is our Application belong , for us to know the processing time shown in the tables below,

alexis2010

Feb 10, 2010
You can apply for a tourist visa but they may hold your other PR application against you, and you have to declare that you submitted the LC2 application otherwise they'll think you're hiding it. I know people who were denied tourist visas because they had pending work permit applications and the Manila office decided it was too big a risk that these people would illegally stay in Canada once they get there.

It's tricky because the Manila office seems to have another set of rules aside from the ones we read about on their website. They deny more visa applications based on the risk that these people would illegally stay in Canada. So the burden of proof that you will fly back to the Philippines is on you. Good luck!

edwin1266

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
davao city
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC- Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 19, 2010
LANDED..........