+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for study permit with official acceptance letter (conditional)?

demhahero

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Egypt
Hello,
I received an official acceptance letter, but the admission status is conditional upon receiving the official copies of my previous degrees.

So can I apply with this letter or I have to send my official degrees and wait till I get the unconditional letter?

Thanks.

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
i would strongly recommend you to not apply with conditional letter of acceptance.

Reactions: demhahero

demhahero

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Egypt
Thank you hardeep bal for your advice.

I got my CAQ certificate a month ago and I am afraid if I wait more time this will affect my application negatively. I mean there will be a huge gap between getting CAQ and applying for visa.

by the way, I used the conditional letter to apply for CAQ certificate.

So what is your opinion?

Pete_g

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hello,
I received an official acceptance letter, but the admission status is conditional upon receiving the official copies of my previous degrees.

So can I apply with this letter or I have to send my official degrees and wait till I get the unconditional letter?

Thanks.
You have to fulfill the condition first i.e. Sending copies of your degree to the college/ University. Once they receive it, you can ask them for official acceptance letter stating the condition has been fufilled. However, if your current letter states OFFICIAL then they might not provide you with another letter and might ask you to apply for visa with the one you received. But try asking them.

demhahero

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Egypt
You have to fulfill the condition first i.e. Sending copies of your degree to the college/ University. Once they receive it, you can ask them for official acceptance letter stating the condition has been fufilled. However, if your current letter states OFFICIAL then they might not provide you with another letter and might ask you to apply for visa with the one you received. But try asking them.
thanks , that's a quite informative reply.
Yea, it says official.

Reactions: Pete_g

demhahero

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Egypt
I got my letter from Concordia. Mine stated official as well with the same conditions as yours. They told me specifically that they do not reissue acceptance letters.
Many many thanks bro.
Can I ask you another question. Did you pay the tuition for the first semester in advance? and please let me know more about your case.

Pete_g

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Many many thanks bro.
Can I ask you another question. Did you pay the tuition for the first semester in advance? and please let me know more about your case.
Did you get into Concordia as well? If so there is a due date for tuition fee payment which is usually after the term starts not now. I did not pay my first semester fee yet. My visa is still in process for fall term. Since they provide letter of acceptance only once I attached my email correspondence with the university which stated that I have fulfilled my condition. Therefore make sure you send them your proof of degree immediately! Then apply.

Reactions: demhahero