+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for QSWP then move to Ontario?

Sharshabel

Jun 25, 2014
Hi,

I have a question: Can I apply for QSWP then move to Ontario immediately after landing? I would prefer to live and work in Ontario rather than Quebec.

cherishlady

May 26, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06/11/2015 Quebec - 11/07/2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
IELTS Request
overall 7.5 also sent tefaq
File Transfer...
12/12/2016
Med's Request
22/12/2016
Med's Done....
23/12/2016
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-05-2017
Oh God really? If you apply to QSWP is because you have the INTENTION to live in Quebec not another province.

You may enter Canada through Quebec and then move to Ontario but nowadays when apply to renew your permanent residence card or to be a citizen you may be asked why did you leave Quebec and you better have a good reason or at least a frame of time "trying to live in Quebec" otherwise you MAY (option) phase rejection and deportation because of a misleading intention. If you want to go to Ontario apply through Express Entry and let the people who really want to go to Quebec do that.

carielilviztie

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 29, 2015 (Federal)
Nomination.....
CSQ December 15, 2014
Med's Request
July 13, 2015 and RPRF
Med's Done....
July 21, 2015 and Paid RPRF July 22, 2015
Interview........
Waived...
Passport Req..
February 01, 2016 (DECISION MADE on e-cas Feb 02, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 01, 2016
LANDED..........
June 24, 2016
Sharshabel said:
Hi,

I have a question: Can I apply for QSWP then move to Ontario immediately after landing? I would prefer to live and work in Ontario rather than Quebec.
Of course you can! but that's not a good idea to do. I know some of my friends who arrived in Quebec through QSW program and are now living in Edmonton. These kind of people are the reason why Quebec may change their policy of admitting immigrants into QSW in the future. :( :( :(

Sharshabel

Jun 25, 2014
Okay okay ... don't fire on me :)
It was just a question, I want to understand every possibility no more.

I will not apply for QSWP since it will take lot of time and long/different process, plus they speaks French!! :p

cprasp

Jul 6, 2015
@All - please search for the article titled, "Quebec Opens new Option to Immigrate to Canada through Skilled Worker Program" on the website, CICnew . com. I got it in news letter.

The chart towards the end of the article says, we can. Do you think that could be a mistake?

beeba-bacha

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sharshabel said:
Hi,

yes you can move any where in canada,nobody will stop you but you wont get PR card, Job and accommodation.
first get your PR card, medical card and SC #. it takes atleast 3 months after arrival to Quebec but still if you dont fulfill the minimum mandatory days of stay in quebec you wont get the canadain passport. Ball is in your court...

cprasp

Jul 6, 2015
What is the minimum # of days we need to live in Quebec if we go there under QSWP program? I haven't found this information when I searched for it last night on their official website.

mrwait

Nov 28, 2014
cprasp said:
What is the minimum # of days we need to live in Quebec if we go there under QSWP program? I haven't found this information when I searched for it last night on their official website.
I am not sure but i was told 3-4 months...they won't say that on their website because its illegal. When you apply to Quebec, you give them an assurance that you will work and live in Quebec and will contribute to the Quebec region. So they are not expecting you go move to other provinces. However, there are people who move to different provinces.

cprasp

Jul 6, 2015
mrwait said:
I am not sure but i was told 3-4 months...they won't say that on their website because its illegal. When you apply to Quebec, you give them an assurance that you will work and live in Quebec and will contribute to the Quebec region. So they are not expecting you go move to other provinces. However, there are people who move to different provinces.
Thank you for the response! Yes, I understand there would be repercussions.

Can someone else please confirm the minimum duration that one needs to be stay in Quebec because 3-4 months seems rather pointless for them.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cprasp said:
Thank you for the response! Yes, I understand there would be repercussions.

Can someone else please confirm the minimum duration that one needs to be stay in Quebec because 3-4 months seems rather pointless for them.
There is no legally defined minimum duration.

cprasp

Jul 6, 2015
Lammawitch said:
There is no legally defined minimum duration.
Well, that is exactly what makes me wonder if the rule of staying with-in the province really applies to QSWP too just like the EE programs. Especially since a website posted that candidates are free to live else-where. But I get it that It is not clear and anyone would like to err on the side of caution. :) Thank you!

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cprasp said:
Well, that is exactly what makes me wonder if the rule of staying with-in the province really applies to QSWP too just like the EE programs. Especially since a website posted that candidates are free to live else-where. But I get it that It is not clear and anyone would like to err on the side of caution. :) Thank you!
It is quite clear actually: by applying to QC, you show your intent to immigrated and settle there. When you get your CSQ & apply to CIC for PR, you then sign a declaration stating your intent to settle in Quebec.

The Canadian Charter of rights & freedom allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to live and work anywhere in Canada:

"Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right
(a) to move to and take up residence in any province; and
(b) to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province."
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/const/page-15.html (Article 6).