+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for PGWP when my student visa extension is in progress ?

JoshuvaCalab

Dec 7, 2015
Hello All,

My study permit is expiring in Aug 31st I applied for my study permit extension by 19th July(online). I thought it was not possible to get all the work permit documents by my expiry date but there was a request made to my college and they processed my graduation documents soon. Can I apply for my PGWP when my student visa extension is in progress?(my study permit has 2 days to expire) ?

Thanks
Joshuva Sairam

ogm.eng1

Apr 6, 2020
Hello All,

My study permit is expiring in Aug 31st I applied for my study permit extension by 19th July(online). I thought it was not possible to get all the work permit documents by my expiry date but there was a request made to my college and they processed my graduation documents soon. Can I apply for my PGWP when my student visa extension is in progress?(my study permit has 2 days to expire) ?

Thanks
Joshuva Sairam
Hello,
I would like to know if you were able to apply your PGWP since you had already applied for a visa extension, is it possible to make two applications at the same time?
I already applied for a visa extension, because it expired on March 31, and I finished my college now in the first week of April. Can I cancel the extension and apply for PGWP?
Thank you so much!