+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for any credit or credit card?

Akink

Aug 22, 2017
Hi everybody
I am a protected person who waits the pr process.
I was wondering if I could apply for a credit and/or credit card for new comers from any bank?
Do they accept it?
Do you have such an experience?
Thank You

Ameeroov

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Mississauga
Hi everybody
I was wondering if I could apply for a credit and/or credit card for new comers from any bank?
Do they accept it?
Thank You
TD bank for sure they will offer you newcomer package :)

stanadyne114

Aug 10, 2015
Hi everybody
Do they accept it?
Thank You
You should contact RBC Bank they will definitely open credit card accounts, direct investment account etc & they will preapprove your credit limit from time to time.

Akink

Aug 22, 2017
I have an account in bmo. They didnt accept my credit cardapplication as a protected person. They told me to wait until I got my pr card. Do you know about the limits they can give at the beginning for the ones like me who hasn't any credit score.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I have an account in bmo. They didnt accept my credit cardapplication as a protected person. They told me to wait until I got my pr card. Do you know about the limits they can give at the beginning for the ones like me who hasn't any credit score.
With no PR status and no credit info, you may not get any limit. They may only offer you a pre-paid card meaning you must pay in advance before making purchases on it.

Shani786

Aug 24, 2017
Hi everybody
Do they accept it?
Thank You
best choice for u is take unsecured card by TD @$1000

Shani786

Aug 24, 2017
go to CIBC they give u $1500

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would imagine it depends on individual circumstances like whether you left your home country with a certain amount of savings, etc