+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for a Work Permit while waiting for an outland PR application?

ldissrh

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
I applied for PR through common-law a couple weeks ago and we are currently waiting to hear back to see if my sponsor is eligible--which i am 100% sure he is.

What I am wondering is if I can obtain a work permit while we wait for the PR?

Thanks

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
I did the same but in opposite order, I got WP first and am just about to submit my outland PR application.
Do you already have a employer willing to get you an LMO?

Some of the others may be able to advise about dual intent, but I am not sure how to get around the condition for work permits where you have to prove that you will leave the country at the end. It you are applying for PR you are contradicting that condition so need to be aware of that before you apply, so you can work around it.

I am sure someone else in the same situation will share how this works.

Good luck.

nand kishor

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
6242 COOK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25TH MAY 2011
Doc's Request.
20TH JULY 2011
AOR Received.
17TH AUG 2011
IELTS Request
SENT
Med's Request
16TH JAN 2012
Med's Done....
24TH JAN 2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5TH JUNE 2012
VISA ISSUED...
received PP on 7th july 2012
LANDED..........
15 july 2012
yes ofcourse u can apply for work permit while apply for PR
i applied for WP and got work visa while waiting for my PR decision

trappy

Feb 24, 2012
Hi everyone,
I have been using this site for sometime and i find it very interesting and helpful.Pls i do need advice advice,as i am planning to make a step.

At the moment,i have put in an application for a work permit as Licensed Practical Nurse(3233) on 12h of Jul,2012 at london office and was requested to do medical on 21st.This medical was received by the canadian embassy in london on 18th July,2012.On writing to the canadianassy,i was advised the my application is under final review and as a result of this,they will be getting in-touch soon.

QUESTION:y
****Since my work permit application file is under review and hopefully be getting the work permit visa soon,is it okay if i apply for my permannet residence immediately with the same valid LMO after getting my work permit visa before leaving to resume my duty in Canada.
***Do i need to inform my employer with my idea of applying for the permanent residence visa immediately i have the work permit visa,as i dont know how they will feel .

Pls advise,Thanks.