+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for a visit visa from third country

pasha404

Aug 22, 2017
Hi All
Asking for a friend. He is from Pakistan. He wants to apply for a visit visa but the processing time from there is 257 days and increasing daily (I don't know why). Surprisingly, the visit visa processing time from Nepal is only 67 days. The question is can he apply for a visit visa from Nepal? He does not live in Nepal, his plan is to go to Nepal on a visit visa and then apply from there for quick processing time. According to the CIC website, you can apply for a visit visa from another country but the important question is what is the probability of a positive outcome.
Thanks all

May 17, 2021
Hi All
Asking for a friend. He is from Pakistan. He wants to apply for a visit visa but the processing time from there is 257 days and increasing daily (I don't know why). Surprisingly, the visit visa processing time from Nepal is only 67 days. The question is can he apply for a visit visa from Nepal? He does not live in Nepal, his plan is to go to Nepal on a visit visa and then apply from there for quick processing time. According to the CIC website, you can apply for a visit visa from another country but the important question is what is the probability of a positive outcome.
Thanks all
I am in a similar situation.

I need info on applying for a Canada visitor visa from 3rd country.

My parents are Indian citizens and hold Indian passports. They are traveling to the US in March and then planning to visit me (In June) in Canada. So, I wanted to know how can I apply for their Canada visit visa in the US.

I appreciate it if anyone has already gone through this process and provided me with more information on this.

Thank you.

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
I am in a similar situation.

I need info on applying for a Canada visitor visa from 3rd country.

My parents are Indian citizens and hold Indian passports. They are traveling to the US in March and then planning to visit me (In June) in Canada. So, I wanted to know how can I apply for their Canada visit visa in the US.

I appreciate it if anyone has already gone through this process and provided me with more information on this.

Thank you.
You can apply from a third country only if you are residing there, have a valid PR/work permit.

You have to apply only from your home country. If approved you can get it stamped from a third country if you travelling there.