+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can choice of Provinces affect the chances of getting ITA ??

ankitdhanna

Oct 29, 2014
DA,

I have selected 'All Provinces' under choice of province while filling my profile.
I heard from some people that selecting a particular province(for eg. Manitoba) can draw more chance of getting on ITA.
But logically, shouldn't it be otherwise ?

Does it really matter ?

:( :eek:

anishsm

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting....
Nomination.....
Waiting....
AOR Received.
Waiting....
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Waiting....
Med's Request
Waiting....
Med's Done....
Waiting....
Interview........
Waiting....
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
ankitdhanna said:
DA,

I have selected 'All Provinces' under choice of province while filling my profile.
I heard from some people that selecting a particular province(for eg. Manitoba) can draw more chance of getting on ITA.

Does it really matter ?

No absolutely NOT!!! very weird that you heard something like this. Province only matters if you have a provincial nomination otherwise it will never affect your ITA.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
@ anishsm is right.

I suppose it comes in only when provinces PNP programs look at the pool and select candidates to their PNP programs. It should have nothing to do with CRS points and getting ITA.

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
ankitdhanna said:
DA,

Does it really matter ?

While I do not think that choice of province directly impacts ITA, but there's still some factors that I think CIC considers for strategic reasons.

1. If you are already employed in a province it's likely that you will choose the same one. Otherwise you should be prepared to answer queries as to why you chose other province.
2. Choosing a province like Nunavut or NW Territory will call for questions like what you want to do, that's cause employment opportunity is negligible there and they are not inviting immigrants either.
Canada is a land of immigrants and the reason why they are inviting us all is because they have a shortage of skilled workers. Provinces work closely with CIC projecting required skills, required number of workers etc. That way whoever suggested "Manitoba" makes some sense. But if you are not yet employed in Canada then it should be ok to select "All".