+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can anyone give some insight toward my situation?

MattD

Jun 2, 2011
I took a bus to Canada on February 5th, 2011 to meet and visit with a long time friend of mine. Though given a bit of a hard time, I was allowed into the country, and my passport was stamped with a 2 month allowance, under the conditions I do not work or attend school. I am enjoying my stay and my friend and I have grown close, and are considering marriage in the "not so near" future. I have followed all of the rules and fully intended to leave at the time I was supposed to. 31 days prior to my visa expiration (March 4th) I filed an online application for an extension of my visitor's residence. I have saved the receipt (75$ fee) and screenshots of the webpage stating my application was successfully sent out. I had only applied for a 90 day extension because I did not want to make it look like I was staying forever. We still have not heard back from CIC and thier website says they are processing applications made after March, 24 (Which is past my date). I would have liked to hear back before leaving so that I would have more concrete evidence that I followed the proper procedures before leaving, not just overstaying my welcome. I noticed that the Canadian Post will possibly be going on strike within the next few days. I am assuming I will end up leaving before I receive my approval/disapproval letter from the CIC. I plan on leaving the country approx 1 week before my 90 day extension would have expired (to be safe).

THE QUESTION:
Will the preceding events make it easier/harder to re-enter Canada? I plan on returning to visit after a brief return to the states.

I am hoping that in following all proper procedures, they will see that I will only stay for as long as immigration allows, and leave whenever they want me to.

Papapee

May 31, 2011
I cannot exactly understand your complain or questions. But before I go further, I have these questions:

1. What is your status in the U.S?
2. Did you have a single or multiple entry visa to Canada?
3.Why file for extension when you have plans to leave Canada before the 60days allowed by the border immigration?

MattD

Jun 2, 2011
I cannot exactly understand your complain or questions. But before I go further, I have these questions:

1. What is your status in the U.S?
2. Did you have a single or multiple entry visa to Canada?
3.Why file for extension when you have plans to leave Canada before the 60days allowed by the border immigration?

1. I am a U.S. Citizen
2. I was granted single entry for 60 days, which expired April 5th. On March 4th, I applied for an extension until July 5th.
3. I never heard back from CIC but was told on here that I was allowed to stay until I heard back, (July 5th is coming up so I will leave before then, regardless of whether I hear back or not). I am hoping they dont think I overstayed my original 60 days, and understand I filed an extension.