+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can anybody help me in this unfortunate situation?

manlec

Aug 28, 2009
I applied to CIO on 2nd Sept 2009. They replied positively by an email on 28 Oct 2009 and asking me to submit my full application to the VISA Office. Unfortunately, I missed that email and did not know uptil now that they have sent me the email. Just today I found that email in my junk box. Now I have three questions:

1. How much time is remaining for me to send the full application to the visa office keeping in view the 120 days limit? Do they count days from date of application (2 Sept 2009) or from the date of their email notification (28 Oct 2009)?

2. It seems difficult for me to prepare everything in this short remaining time (i.e. maximum of 1 month, if they count from the date of their notification.) Can I somehow request them to extend the date deadline based on the fact that I could not receive their email on time?

3. Any other suggestion to deal with the situation?

Thanks a lot.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1.) From date of E-mail Notification (28 Oct 2009)
2.) I am not sure, but I think you can try requesting for more time explaining your situation although the instruction guide says more time will not be granted.
I have also seen on the forum that If you can not arrange Police certificates, you can ask them for additional time for them and rest of the docs can be submitted now and PCC with Medicals

PankajK

Mar 22, 2009
Vancouver, BC CANADA
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 2009
AOR Received.
November 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
November 2012 Vancouver, BC
as Ankit said, they will not provide extension to 120 days limit.

so best is you start preparing the documents, take help from forum members in case you require any help. you can apply for PCCs and plan to send it later, apply for transcripts in University Sealed Envelops and request them to give you in hand.

Good Luck

manlec

Aug 28, 2009
ankit_20 said:
1.) From date of E-mail Notification (28 Oct 2009)
2.) I am not sure, but I think you can try requesting for more time explaining your situation although the instruction guide says more time will not be granted.
I have also seen on the forum that If you can not arrange Police certificates, you can ask them for additional time for them and rest of the docs can be submitted now and PCC with Medicals

Thanks ankit.
I could not understand your last sentence where you wrote "and PCC with Medicals"? What do you mean by this? What is PCC and what is Medicals?

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Edit: yeah sorry. The deadline will end on 28th feb or so. Try to get as many document as you can and send your application. You can also send a letter to CHC explaining them what happened and ask for some more time. Gather all your remaining documents and then send them.

Thanks.

PankajK

Mar 22, 2009
Vancouver, BC CANADA
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 2009
AOR Received.
November 2010
Med's Done....