+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAN AINP nominee work in any other cities ??

aine0617

Jan 29, 2011
Hi,

I am AINP nominee, I have been following the forums for long time now. Glad to here people share their experiences, which is very helpful.I know lot of people have this question in their mind but I thot I will raise a topic, so everyone can contribute their ideas.
I heared from couple of friends that it is difficult to find a similar job (I am a project manager in US) in calgary, in that case can I move to a different city like toronto or ontario and work there? Does it still keep my residency status? Will it be considered as a stay for 3yrs in canada before i applly for citizenship?

Thanks for your responses...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As an AINP nominee, you signed a document stating that your intention is to settle in AB. This must also be true at the time you land. To save yourself some trouble, you should either land in AB or land elsewhere with a plane ticket taking you to AB.

If you do not find a job in AB, you can look elsewhere. If anybody were to ask you later, you can truthfully say that you did intend to settle in AB at that time you landed. Then you couldn't get a job, got a job in another province and that is why you left. You shouldn't have any problems getting citizenship.