+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a refugee visit his country? will I see my brother again? is he lying to me?

Ali1luiza

Aug 28, 2022
I was a protected person in Canada and became a Canadian citizen a year ago, last month I visited my own country! When I returned back to Canada the officer sent me to the emigration side and asked me why I went back to my country? I explained that has been changed to my situation! He seems to be very angry with me! He told me just leave I told him thank you sir and just run !

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I was a protected person in Canada and became a Canadian citizen a year ago, last month I visited my own country! When I returned back to Canada the officer sent me to the emigration side and asked me why I went back to my country? I explained that has been changed to my situation! He seems to be very angry with me! He told me just leave I told him thank you sir and just run !
You could choose not to answer the question too:D

Reactions: lavida

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Why are you so sure?
Because a citizen by definition no longer has refugee status. The caveat is citizenship can be revoked if it’s determined to be obtained from misrepresentation but it’s a far longer process and rarely done for simply going back to someone’s birth country.

j.af

Sep 7, 2022
Because a citizen by definition no longer has refugee status. The caveat is citizenship can be revoked if it’s determined to be obtained from misrepresentation but it’s a far longer process and rarely done for simply going back to someone’s birth country.
In that cas why CBSA agent are sending "former refugees" to immigration room (even if they are not coming from home country) while every other canadian go immediately to the exit? I don't just understand why? What are they looking for? Some agent even asked if you claim refugee status before ...

Reactions: rash2022

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
In that cas why CBSA agent are sending "former refugees" to immigration room (even if they are not coming from home country) while every other canadian go immediately to the exit? I don't just understand why? What are they looking for? Some agent even asked if you claim refugee status before ...
You need to put a complain and request to remove any flag on the system.

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hahah! if you don’t mind me asking how many years it took you from becoming a refugee to citizen ?

lavida

Nov 18, 2021
Ali1luiza where did you go? I am very surprised to read that. You are already Canadian, what on earth are they questioning you about why you are visiting your family and loved ones? Maybe it's related to your asylum country of origin. What kind of questions did they ask you?