+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a (ManitobaPNP) PR move and settle in another province

Polarblast

Jan 15, 2013
Hi there,

I was an international student studying in Manitoba and then got a permanent job and worked full-time in Manitoba for 1.5 yrs after graduated. I recently recieved my PR through MPNP International Student Stream. My total years of staying in Manitoba was more than 6 years.

However, my boyfriend moved to Edmonton and I am considering also moving to Edmonton. My question is: if I move to Edmonton now (stayed in Manitoba less than 3 months after I became a landed PR), will it affect my future PR renewing? Or affect my application to become a citizen?

Or do I have to stay in Manitoba for a certain length of time before I can move to another province? There is no such clear obligation for International Student Stream (only that you intend to live and work in Manitoba, but intention can change right?)

Greatly appreciated if you could answer my question or any input!
Thank you!

Gaurav_OT

Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2012- CIO Sydney
Nomination.....
18-04-2012
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
Med's Request
29-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-07-2012
Interview........
June, 05/ 2013-RPRF request & paid, In process on July 29, 2013
Passport Req..
September 24/2013
VISA ISSUED...
October/23/2013 received pp from cpp-o
LANDED..........
October/26/2013 at Carway Border
i think go ahead...you must be missing him...like i miss my beloved..i am here n she is in toronto...

Polarblast

Jan 15, 2013
Gaurav_OT said:
i think go ahead...you must be missing him...like i miss my beloved..i am here n she is in toronto...
I really really do miss him. Howeve, I am not sure if this moving action would affect my future renewing PR or applying for citizenship... So I'll have to figure this out first before any decision could be made...

manubobby

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2011
Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
[b]New Delhi[/b]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b]09/12/2013[/b]
AOR Received.
[b]04/01/2014[/b]
File Transfer...
[b]10/01/2014[/b]
Med's Done....
[b]15/11/2013[/b]
Interview........
[b]IN PROCESS: 31/07/2014 DM: 11/08/2014[b]
Passport Req..
[b]24/01/2014[/b]
VISA ISSUED...
[b]07/08/2014[b]
LANDED..........
[b]19/09/2014[b]
i do understand you miss him.. ive been in a long distant relationship for about 3 years ... n its hard.. but considering you just got ur PR and if u plan on applying for citizenship and if they check whether you actually lived in the state that nominated you.. a problem may arise.. considering the state nominated you because you intended to stay there .. hope this helpss.. cheers :)

Polarblast

Jan 15, 2013
manubobby said:
i do understand you miss him.. ive been in a long distant relationship for about 3 years ... n its hard.. but considering you just got ur PR and if u plan on applying for citizenship and if they check whether you actually lived in the state that nominated you.. a problem may arise.. considering the state nominated you because you intended to stay there .. hope this helpss.. cheers :)
Thanks for understanding :) Do you actually know anyone whos citizenship got rejected due to moving to another province immediately affter PNP PR ? The thing is... there is no clear/actual requirement that someone has to stay in that province for a certain amount of time after becoming PR... So, I'm really confused ... :(

snehagupta12us

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Winnipeg-Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Application reached CIO Sept 24, 2012
Nomination.....
24 Aug 2012
AOR Received.
15 Nov 2012
Med's Request
19-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
23-Nov-2012
Passport Req..
DM: 31-July-2013 PPR: 01-Aug-2013
I dont think its mentioned in any document that applicant signs in MPNP that he/she is going to stay in Manitoba for a certain period of time. You declared that u intended to live and as u said that intentions can change. As per my understanding, if u move u will not be able to sponser anyone further through MPNP and same goes for your sponsor (if any). I dont think it will affect your citizenship application with current laws and regulations. If i was you, I would consult a lawyer before i move.

iam_ayen

Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Aug 23, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2013
IELTS Request
May 23, 2012
File Transfer...
File to CIC: Nov 14, 2012
Med's Request
Feb 07, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2013;
Passport Req..
June 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
August 10, 2013
snehagupta12us said:
I dont think its mentioned in any document that applicant signs in MPNP that he/she is going to stay in Manitoba for a certain period of time. You declared that u intended to live and as u said that intentions can change. As per my understanding, if u move u will not be able to sponser anyone further through MPNP and same goes for your sponsor (if any). I dont think it will affect your citizenship application with current laws and regulations. If i was you, I would consult a lawyer before i move.
i think snehagupta12us is right. I have information from relatives who are already PR holder in Manitoba that they don't encourage it because it might affect your intention to sponsor someone in the future and your sponsor (as mentioned above) though it's still best to get some legal advice just to make sure. Goodluck to you.

Polarblast

Jan 15, 2013
snehagupta12us said:
Thank you! I would definitley consult a lawyer before the final decision! But overall, from people... it sounds like it should has no problem to move to another province... :)

Polarblast

Jan 15, 2013
Update Jan. 16/2013:

So, my friend phoned Manitoba PNP office this morning (I would phone personally but I'm currently on vacation not in Canada). A lady (sounds very serious) answered the phone. Basically my friend described my situation as above and the lady asked if I signed that "... I intent to live and work in Manitoba..." that sheet... my friend said yes I did. She said so you can leave if you are applying for Citizenship already but if you just became PR you should still stay in Manitoba until you are eligible to apply for citizenship....

Man... this is crazy! I'm seriously doubting if this lady really knows what she is talking about or she is just overly mad and fed up with people leaving Manitoba as soon as they recieved their PR thru MPNP...

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Polarblast said:
Update Jan. 16/2013:

So, my friend phoned Manitoba PNP office this morning (I would phone personally but I'm currently on vacation not in Canada). A lady (sounds very serious) answered the phone. Basically my friend described my situation as above and the lady asked if I signed that "... I intent to live and work in Manitoba..." that sheet... my friend said yes I did. She said so you can leave if you are applying for Citizenship already but if you just became PR you should still stay in Manitoba until you are eligible to apply for citizenship....

Man... this is crazy! I'm seriously doubting if this lady really knows what she is talking about or she is just overly mad and fed up with people leaving Manitoba as soon as they recieved their PR thru MPNP...
That is misleading!
One can move as soon as they become PR. When you become PR you are entitltled to Freedom of Mobility within all provinces and territories in Canada.

The question from MPNP was somewhat silly. yes, one must sign that intention document to be nominated. But only to the limit of an intention, not a legal binding whatsoever. Things can change!

lorerodri

Feb 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please, read the Rights of the PR in the Mobility rights section:

http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/dept-min/pub/just/06.html

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/Const/page-15.html

Make me know what all of you think about it