+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can 2 people live in a bachelor/studio apartment in Toronto?

chuchay21

Sep 15, 2010
Hi. I'm wondering if there is a law about 2 people living in a bachelor/studio apartment in Toronto? It will be me and my 10 yo son who will be staying there. We are new immigrants and wanted to save as much as we can until I get a job.

Oh, and if there is anybody here who can recommend a place in the scarborough/north york/toronto area, I would really appreciate it :) TIA!

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
I think you can.. as long as the beds are seperate. We had that discussion before..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/is-a-family-of-3-allowed-to-rent-a-1bedroom-apartment-in-ontario-t64982.0.html

kabayanko

Aug 14, 2014
chuchay21 said:
Hi. I'm wondering if there is a law about 2 people living in a bachelor/studio apartment in Toronto? It will be me and my 10 yo son who will be staying there. We are new immigrants and wanted to save as much as we can until I get a job.

Oh, and if there is anybody here who can recommend a place in the scarborough/north york/toronto area, I would really appreciate it :) TIA!
Yes, you and your son can live in a bachelor/or studio. If students or individual can share a room to rent why not a bachelor/or studio? It is more equipped than a room with kitchen and/or bath.

consider the following and plan ahead:
- secure a permanent address
- then secure you SIN so you can apply for a job
- get your son into school, while he is in school...you have more time to look for a job
- your son might not be allowed home alone unsupervised, check your province by laws
you have to arrange someone to take care of him if not in the right age to be
home-alone while you are looking for a job.

chuchay21

Sep 15, 2010
polara69 said:
I think you can.. as long as the beds are seperate. We had that discussion before..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/is-a-family-of-3-allowed-to-rent-a-1bedroom-apartment-in-ontario-t64982.0.html
Thanks for the link... I will look into that.