+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calling on all members ( a very importnant topic) " dubious bonafides"

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As all of you know that the OP 12 guide lines for the issuance of study permits by Visa officers have "dubious bonafides" as an assessment criteria . I know what a dubious bonafide means, it's means a student who is hesitant , not truthful and misleading in his application.

I would please request all members especially senior members to comment,discuss and advice on the "dubious bonafide" criteria and the possible ways of not creating a misunderstanding regarding this with the IO.

Any response would be appreciated.

acemsyed

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
2112 / 1236
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you've answered your question yourself. If dubious is being hesitant, untruthful and misleading then in order to not avoid being perceived as dubious one has to be candid, truthful and honest in his/her application. However its a cruel world and telling the truth doesn't always play into your favor.

Cheers ;-)

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I completely agree with you acemsyed, sometimes people can also be misunderstood for telling the truth,
would an applicant be misunderstood for applying late at the embassy?

acemsyed

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
2112 / 1236
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You see they expect applicants to plan well ahead of time. It'd be difficult to understand from a VO's perspective as to why the applicant delayed the application which will give rise to further doubts and concerns about the genuineness of the application. So I am afraid the answer to your question is a reluctant Yes (sometimes) depending on the VO.

Cheers ;-)

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011
Obeid_oo said:
As all of you know that the OP 12 guide lines for the issuance of study permits by Visa officers have "dubious bonafides" as an assessment criteria . I know what a dubious bonafide means, it's means a student who is hesitant , not truthful and misleading in his application.

I would please request all members especially senior members to comment,discuss and advice on the "dubious bonafide" criteria and the possible ways of not creating a misunderstanding regarding this with the IO.

Any response would be appreciated.
My reading of your question is that you want advice on how to "pull the wool" over the eyes of the IO! I would never advise this, once you lie "let the cat out of the bag" its always hard to put it back in.

Always tell the truth. There can never be any excuse ethically, religiously or legally to lie!!

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey match

I do not have any intentions to show my self as a bonafide student in the false ways, all i'm saying is that there are situations where an applicant is misunderstood as a dubious bonafide even though he is not one . And wanted to know if there any such cases.