Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
BZ Mom said:
Yes, there are a lot of jobs being advertised.... but most of them require Canadian experience. So the common question from immigrants is "how can we have experience if the employers out there will not give us the experience. Too sad, but that's what's happening. I don't wanna sound negative or discouraging, I just want those coming in to be ready for a tough journey in finding a job here in Calgary... I should know 'coz my husband (who is a civil engineer with over 20 years of experience in the Middle East) is starting to get frustrated and depressed, he can't even get a Sales Associate job in Home Depot, Staples or Safeway, because they too want somebody with sales experience. In his desperation, he got a janitorial job ,just to earn, even a small amount of money (for himself). I am just so blessed that my former employer in the U.S. offered me a telework job ( I do accounting work online for a U.S. CPA firm), so we can survive.
<<<I am most impressed by your simple honest report of the situation. please do not hesitate to report the improvement>>>

prixit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/mar/2012
AOR Received.
29/6/2012
Med's Done....
12/mar /2012
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
Well life here is tough.....i dnt like the place...its hard to find job without canadian education and experince.
Crux is.
When you land in canada you might not get a job more than 12 $ or 14$ for 37.5 hours if your are lucky in which they have their tax and other deduction which is about 25 % so at the end of day you are left with 9$ /hr,i was earning far more in india,the place itself is cheap when it comes to grocery but somebody who is earning 1500$/m and is paying 700$ rent for house 100$ for bus pass 300$ for grocery and 200 misc and once i buy a car its instalment will be like 400$ and all these expence are for somebody who is single ....dont want to give you any nagative feedback but just my experince so far
I got a job at a call centre and will be starting my job at cibc bank in march,but if i am getting the above mentined salary i dont think its satisfying for me ...more over please check the unempployement %age in your country and in calagry which is 7.7% increased from 5.5 % last year

Smarty said:
Hi AR khan and Prixit and friends,

I am also seeking to land in calgary this year soon.

My Particulars are:

Category........: FSW1
NOC: 1122
Visa Office......: London
App. Filed.......: 29/sep/10
PER.......: 08 Feb/11

Prixit, can you tell me something about my occupation 1122: advertising consultant ?? i think i need to get my certificqation from cmc alberta (Certified Management Consultant)? and what else would u suggest me.. thnxx / dhaneyvaad :)

Any other 1122 friends here??

Regards,

Arkhan

Feb 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brother.,., its matr of luck, education, ur field and how u excile in market.
i like to tell u one of my friend is earning 900 CAD/day as well site geologist and he has local degree and dont have any international exposure and even he was not able to speak good english.., i dont know about other domains but oilfield professionals are on hi demand there and finding job for them is not big deal and this i came to knw thru many success stories.,.,

prixit said:
Well life here is tough.....i dnt like the place...its hard to find job without canadian education and experince.
Crux is.
When you land in canada you might not get a job more than 12 $ or 14$ for 37.5 hours if your are lucky in which they have their tax and other deduction which is about 25 % so at the end of day you are left with 9$ /hr,i was earning far more in india,the place itself is cheap when it comes to grocery but somebody who is earning 1500$/m and is paying 700$ rent for house 100$ for bus pass 300$ for grocery and 200 misc and once i buy a car its instalment will be like 400$ and all these expence are for somebody who is single ....dont want to give you any nagative feedback but just my experince so far
I got a job at a call centre and will be starting my job at cibc bank in march,but if i am getting the above mentined salary i dont think its satisfying for me ...more over please check the unempployement %age in your country and in calagry which is 7.7% increased from 5.5 % last year

prixit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/mar/2012
AOR Received.
29/6/2012
Med's Done....
12/mar /2012
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
Yeh you are right oil field professional are in high demand,yes its amtter of luck too..i waz just sharing my experiance.....all the best to everybody

Arkhan said:
brother.,., its matr of luck, education, ur field and how u excile in market.
i like to tell u one of my friend is earning 900 CAD/day as well site geologist and he has local degree and dont have any international exposure and even he was not able to speak good english.., i dont know about other domains but oilfield professionals are on hi demand there and finding job for them is not big deal and this i came to knw thru many success stories.,.,

Acelawyer

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2009
Doc's Request.
May 2009
AOR Received.
June 2009
File Transfer...
April 2010 to New York
Med's Request
October 2010
Med's Done....
November 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 31st 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27 July. Decision made on July 5th 2011. Received July 8
LANDED..........
August 2011
Count me in too. We are hoping to be in Calgary this summer by Gods grace.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
prixit said:
Crux is.

<<< Keep pushing. the story will definitely change at a point. I love the honest report of the situation. Certainly though you cannot compare the infrastructures in India with your current place of dwelling >>>

mhmlhr

Star Member
Jan 31, 2011
hi riz2006 i have also timeline like u and CHCIslamabad applicant than y they r not giving attentation towards my case :(.kindly share ur NOC, so that i can understand the delay in my case.rely must thanks in advance

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so r u planning to go back????????????

prixit said:
Crux is.

prixit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/mar/2012
AOR Received.
29/6/2012
Med's Done....
12/mar /2012
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
Yes,i am planning to come back....its only not me ,,,but thr are so may new immigrants who are planning to come back.....just a suggestion if u r working back home...dont leave your job ...if u can take a leave for 45 days....so that you can see if you like here and by the time you ill also get your PR card...

haral said:
so r u planning to go back????????????

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
@ prixit
Are u sure the decision to head back home is not hasty? You are out there, and you appears to see what a whole lots of people are not seeing. Please be sure you are making the right choice.

All the best.

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
Prixit,

Take it easy man.Give it some more time.I am sure u will succeed.

Thnx

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
Hey Penpal,

How are you doing? Remember we talked sometime last year and u planning to come to calgary? wow its nice to see you already here. I have also moved from US in december to Edmonton as I got a good job in same civil engineering profession what i was working in US. I work here in Oil and Gas Sector. So how do you like calgary? I have some friends there and probably i will try to drive there when the weather is more good. I am sure calgary weather is still much better than edmonton. Here its freaking cold most of the time and when it snows its brutal. So did you make any network there yet?:) I would love to meet you all when i go up there. If you happen to visit edmonton anytime let me know too, we will meet.

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
Hi Neel,

Calgary is fine.I had visited Edmonton some time back in oct of last year.It is a nice place and we visited the west edmonton mall.The weather here is hovering between -10 and -20 right now which is still a worse weather but when u copmpare to edmonton maybe it is better.No great networking as of now but maybe will try to build in the near future.How was your experience of landing and job search.I hv shared my experiences in this thread.Maybe when u hv time u can go thro it.

Thanks

Smarty

Jul 14, 2010
Hey Friendss!!

Any of you who landed in Calgary can refer me to someone from NOC1122 or help me to identify what are the requirement to work under this category. I think this NOC is regulated in Alberta and require certification of Certified Management Consultant-Alberta.

Do i require to make my credentials assessed?

Please help me out.

Regards,

Smarty

Sans_May2010

Jun 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
Sept 30, 2010
Nomination.....
Docs received at Visa Office on Oct 18, 2010
Med's Request
June 23, 2013 &amp; April 7, 2014
Med's Done....
August 2, 2013 &amp; March 10, 2014
Passport Req..
June 23, 2013 &amp; April 7, 2014
Hello there,

Do you think the experience working with a Canadian Company in the middle east can be treated as a canadian experice in Alberta?

Many thanks in advance for yout replies.

Thanks, Sans_May2010