+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calgary Airport rxperience

soniya852008

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Can someone pls tell me how long it took for immigration formalities for a single applicant at Calgary airport?

I have 3 hrs 40mins layover at calgary airport before i fly by my next connecting flight

abuniall

Mar 13, 2019
That's more than enough time.

My family and I landed a month ago at Calgary. Assuming traffic is similar, you'll spend maybe 20 minutes with the immigration stuff.

First of all, you have to queue at the passport control like normal. This is likely where you'll spend the most time waiting. Once through, you'll be directed to area "E" where you'll do the rest of the process. When we did it, there was only 1 other person in line so it was pretty quick.

Reactions: soniya852008

soniya852008

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Thanks. Can you also tell me about luggage transfer as well. I have booked connecting flights ;air india flight to tokyo, then air canada from tokyo to calgary and finally air canada for calgary to saskatchewan. So is there any chance i need to self transfer luggage anywhere?

abuniall

Mar 13, 2019
Interesting. Our final destination was Saskatchewan as well. Saskatoon specifically.

Luggages will be redirected automatically. No need to pick them up in Calgary. Since you're taking AC, you can download the Air Canada app and open your itinerary there. It will tell you NOT to pick your luggages in Calgary.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks. Can you also tell me about luggage transfer as well. I have booked connecting flights ;air india flight to tokyo, then air canada from tokyo to calgary and finally air canada for calgary to saskatchewan. So is there any chance i need to self transfer luggage anywhere?
Air India and Air Canada are both part of the Star Alliance.
You're virtually flying on the same airline.
So as long as you check-in from India with luggage and boarding passes all the way to your final destination, you won't have to re-check your luggage.
3h20 minutes is plenty of time to do your formalities.