+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calculating CRS score for CEC

Mahbub017

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Hello good people out there,
While I calculating CRS Score, I've been asked by the system (i) In the last 10 years how many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have? Well, I worked about 2600 hrs in last 2 years, So should I ans 1 or 2 years?
(II) In the last 10 years, how many total years of skilled work experience do you have? Well, before I start working in Canada I have 1 year experience as a Research Trainee in backhome. Now I'm here in back working full time as Research Trainee (another 9 months gone )and Part time a restaurant manager. I Cant understand what should I put the ans in that situation. Please note: I'm going to apply under NOC 6322, CEC category. Thank you in adv for clarifying me.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello good people out there,
While I calculating CRS Score, I've been asked by the system (i) In the last 10 years how many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have? Well, I worked about 2600 hrs in last 2 years, So should I ans 1 or 2 years?

Did you work full-time, at least 30 hours per week? If you were full-time, and you worked at least 52 weeks, but fewer than 104 weeks, you can answer 1 year. If you worked at least 104 weeks, you can answer 2 years.

Total hours worked is not relevant if you worked full-time, you only count hours if you worked part-time (fewer than 30 hours per week), so that you can calculate your full-time equivalence.

(II) In the last 10 years, how many total years of skilled work experience do you have? Well, before I start working in Canada I have 1 year experience as a Research Trainee in backhome.

If you have a full 12 months / 52 weeks of full-time experience, you can usually count that - probably NOC 4012.
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=4&val1=4012&ver=16&val65=research assistant

If you were not a student, you will have to clarify what you mean by "research trainee."

Now I'm here in back working full time as Research Trainee (another 9 months gone )and
Part time a restaurant manager. ... Please note: I'm going to apply under NOC 6322, CEC category.

1) If you are a full time "research trainee" that usually means you are a graduate student on a study permit. Which means your work experience IN CANADA is not eligible. However, student work experience outside of Canada often does count.

2) NOC 6322 is for Cook, not restaurant manager. Restaurant manager is NOC 0631.

Mahbub017

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
(I)Sorry ! It was 2600hrs worked in last 3 years. Anyway, I actually worked in two places. one was full time avg 32hrs/wk and another one was part time. Well, 2 years full time means 1560hrsX2=3120 hrs, but I worked 2600hrs. That's why i'm confused ( This is all about Canadian Job experience)
(II)ALL IN BACK HOME>> I was full time Research Trainee in a private research oriented firm while i was full time MS ( late evening shift) student as well . As soon as I came back in home (in 2016) started working again in the same position at the same firm. in addition, as i was used to work in restaurant in Canada so now i also work part time as a assistant manager in restaurant here in back home

Tracelyn2015

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
12 July 2017
We applied for CEC and my spouse got zero points for his Canadian work experience of one year. Is it because its in an NOC C or D job or because he did not do an English test.

Tracelyn2015

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
12 July 2017
Yeah under CEC your spouse only gets points for NOC O, A, or B work experience in Canada. Just learning that now.