Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
01-07-2013
To let everyone know, we just got the PPR.

cutenough

Star Member
Mar 23, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
Never received
File Transfer...
20-08-2012 transfer to cairo 21-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2013
LANDED..........
Military issue ... Finally landed 28 dec 2013
I'm so so so happy for both of you !!!

I told u your husband will land before mine !!

Mabrouk !!!

Marie

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
How tall is he?? Maybe mine can get him into his suitcase for you ;)

Thank you so much for all your help and for being a wonderful friend! :-* :-* :-* :-*

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Should anyone be wondering, I just checked ecas and it does not reflect any of the last days events. It still only says application received with the date, and that the medicals have been received as well.

I posted questions or concerns here, many of you offered your help or advice/opinion, and thank you for that. Having this community to share all of the fears and concerns with and get a little guidance when needed was and is a great thing. It was wonderful when others came back with their news to share too. I always had hope re energized to hear new updates here. So thank you, you all know who you are (I don't want to risk forgetting any names).

I never imagined it would go like this. I hope no one feels I am gloating, I hesitated to post because I know others have been waiting so much longer and I really know it must be hard. All of you still waiting or now facing the appeal process are in my heart, my thoughts and prayers. I may not be able to help in any other way then that, but I will try!! I wish you all the best.

Take Care
MadeInCanada

Canada Wolf

Star Member
Apr 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/3/2012
File Transfer...
30/6/2012
MadeInCanada said:
First of all congratulations to all who got approved and so sorry for who were denied
how our interview gone was as follows:

My husband gone to the room and the officer was being nice to him took about 20 minutes for him and 10 for me and asked the following questions to my husband:

1-How old are you?
2-How old is your wife?
3-What is your occupation?
4-What is your wife's occupation?
5-Were you married before?
6-Was your wife married before?
7-Do you have children?
8-Where is your wife now?
9-When did she come?
10-What is your father's occupation?
11-Then he told me that he sees it not common in the Egyptian culture for a young man to marry an older woman
12-Do you know why you are here?
13-Is there anything else you would like to say?

and then he told him to call me in to interview me.

I went into the room, sat down and the man started telling me how his throat is sore from the smog and pollution. I smiled and I said I know right! I get like that every time I come here too.
Here is a list of the questions:
1-How do you know your husband is genuine?
2-Does your family support your relationship?
3-Do you understand the responsibilities of the sponsorship agreement and undertaking?
Then he told me that between the 2 of us we had convinced him and that we were approved. He didn't take the passport but instead told me to tell my husband to keep his passport ready.

I suppose it's nice to know he approved us but we still have some more waiting to do and until the visa is actually in my husband's passport and in my husband's hands, I will still be hesitant to relax.

Take Care
MadeInCanada
MadeInCanada congratulations ... Thumbs up

Ahmedbaraka

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
Ahmedbaraka said:
Mubrok Mohamed.
Hope the best for u
I have question Mohamed. After your interview no body ask you for passport. And u left. Then next day they asked u to send it or what please explain
Thanks

Mohamed_Hassan

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Egypt
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
01-07-2013
Ahmedbaraka said:
I have question Mohamed. After your interview no body ask you for passport. And u left. Then next day they asked u to send it or what please explain
Thanks
Well you are totally right, they didn't ask us for the passport when we were there, but today i got a call about 2 pm that i need to send my passport and that the visa is ready, and they also sent an email and in case you are wondering about the ecase it still says application received.

I hope a good luck for every one.

Ahmedbaraka

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
Mohamed_Hassan said:
Well you are totally right, they didn't ask us for the passport when we were there, but today i got a call about 2 pm that i need to send my passport and that the visa is ready, and they also sent an email and in case you are wondering about the ecase it still says application received.

I hope a good luck for every one.
Thanks for your respond.

Mohamed_Hassan

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Egypt
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
01-07-2013
Ahmedbaraka said:
Thanks for your respond.
You are more than welcome man.

CanJen

Feb 11, 2013
The range in experiences is very confusing. Made in Canada (first of all congratulations!!! Inshallah everything will go smoothly from now on and you will get the visa soon) but secondly, do you mind me asking how old you are? Maybe the VO gave you more of a chance to explain if he thought you were older and more experienced. It's one area that sets you apart from Ahmegan's experience, who I believe is 20 (maybe he gave Ahmegan less of a chance to explain for this reason? Maybe he just discredits those based on age? Who knows - just another theory).

And also the inconsistencies around the passport experiences - some were asked to leave theirs behind, others to mail them in. We were told our medical was fine, and were asked to leave the passport and photos with the VO, but then received an email a day later asking to complete the medical exam. Ours expired in January; maybe they can only extend those that have expired recently (like only up to one or two months)?

And on that point, my husband went to one of the two clinics the embassy posts on their website (the one he got his medical done at originally is no longer a clinic that the embassy works with) and he had a pretty negative experience. He said the entire staff (except for the receptionist) was Christian and the doctor would not answer any of his questions, and only gave him an opportunity to answer Yes or No to her questions. This medical was much more comprehensive than the original (blood work this time, but not the first time, for example) and he was there for 3 hours! So for those of you who have to redo the medical, please expect to wait. :p

My husband went to the embassy yesterday to update his mailing address and he noticed a huge lineup of people applying for immigration (without sponsorship). Is it possible that some of your husbands have tried this route in the past, and they are now flagged as suspicious when applying a second time through marriage?

Made in Canada, I am also not in a position to relax or celebrate just yet, until the passport with the visa is in my husband's hands. After going through this process, I feel like anything can happen. I am crossing my fingers and praying for you and for the others who also need our support.

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
CanJen said:
The range in experiences is very confusing. Made in Canada (first of all congratulations!!! Inshallah everything will go smoothly from now on and you will get the visa soon) but secondly, do you mind me asking how old you are? Maybe the VO gave you more of a chance to explain if he thought you were older and more experienced. It's one area that sets you apart from Ahmegan's experience, who I believe is 20 (maybe he gave Ahmegan less of a chance to explain for this reason? Maybe he just discredits those based on age? Who knows - just another theory).

And also the inconsistencies around the passport experiences - some were asked to leave theirs behind, others to mail them in. We were told our medical was fine, and were asked to leave the passport and photos with the VO, but then received an email a day later asking to complete the medical exam. Ours expired in January; maybe they can only extend those that have expired recently (like only up to one or two months)?

And on that point, my husband went to one of the two clinics the embassy posts on their website (the one he got his medical done at originally is no longer a clinic that the embassy works with) and he had a pretty negative experience. He said the entire staff (except for the receptionist) was Christian and the doctor would not answer any of his questions, and only gave him an opportunity to answer Yes or No to her questions. This medical was much more comprehensive than the original (blood work this time, but not the first time, for example) and he was there for 3 hours! So for those of you who have to redo the medical, please expect to wait. :p

My husband went to the embassy yesterday to update his mailing address and he noticed a huge lineup of people applying for immigration (without sponsorship). Is it possible that some of your husbands have tried this route in the past, and they are now flagged as suspicious when applying a second time through marriage?

Made in Canada, I am also not in a position to relax or celebrate just yet, until the passport with the visa is in my husband's hands. After going through this process, I feel like anything can happen. I am crossing my fingers and praying for you and for the others who also need our support.

Thank you CanJen!

About my age, a lady doesn't tell..lol. But yes, I am older than Ahmegan. And perhaps this is the case. I cannot say for sure.

With regards to the medical, they are good for 12 months and up until 15 months the VO can request an extension. I believe you about the medical. I can only assume it was the same one mine went to. He was treated very poorly also. I intend to bring it to or try to bring it to someones attention once we are good to go. I do not know about the other medical clinic, but I believe they should have done blood work the first time.

It is for sure a "red flag" and will be noted on the file if the applicant has tried other options (prior to marriage) to immigrate unless it is a TRV to see the person they married.

My husband just missed the DHL office(we got the email/call late in the day) today, so his passport will go out first thing in the morning. We are hoping that he will get it back in time to make new arrangements on my flights and possibly travel together. Fingers Crossed!!

Take Care
MadeInCanada

CanJen

Feb 11, 2013
Wow, that is so fast MadeInCanada!! That is even faster than Barbara and Ahmed last week (I thought 4 days was lightning fast)! I think we will be another 2 or 3 weeks to get the medical results and then the passport with the visa (does anybody have any experience with this timing?)....

I'm not sure what city you are in, but there is an amazing flight on June 18 through Etihad, leaving Cairo to Toronto for only $462 including taxes! I was hoping to snap that one up, but I don't want to take the chance we won't get the visa in time.

I hope someone else can take advantage of it though :)

Ahmegan

Dec 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-12-2012
File Transfer...
15-01-2013
Interview........
19-05-2013 (rejected)
@ CanJen, if the officer was concerned only about my age, he shouldnt be calling me a liar and saying my husband has lied to me for 2 years and that I am not a muslim, its not fair, maybe Im a little young but the rules state that after you are 18 you can sponsor your husband...I am 20 so it is definitely my right and to be treated fair as well. Also, I just heard from another member that there are now many christians fleeing Egypt for some reason and Canada is accepting most applications :p ...which is probably why there was many people applying

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
@ canjen my husband never applied before ,this was his first time and he was deneid a visa cause im older and he is muslim and he believe my husband use me for a bridge to come too Canada lol..i wish i was in office there i would tell him what i think of it...my husband told him that he wants me to move to Egypt but that i cant cause my parents are elderly and i have a son here ,thats why i want my husband come to Canada..we will fight for this and not give up..