+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

Ahmedbaraka

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
Mrs Selim said:
well its a sad day for us because my husband was reveuses a visa because racist man there..he told same thing like others
im not muslim and my husband is and im older so thats why he revused a visa.. :(
I'm so sorry to hear that. Don't lose your hope.
I have 2 questions. Is your wife living in Egypt with u?
When you applied ?

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
no i was not with him cause i just left feb from visiting him and my work not let me leave again..thanks all for your strong words..we wil not give up.

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
march 2013 so we got interview fast..

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
28-12-2011---results received july 11th/2012
Interview........
12-05-2013 ( Reject ) another chance on 8/10/2013
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
Mrs Selim said:
Check your in box

Ahmedbaraka

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
Mrs Selim said:
Yes very fast. Before you apply you know it will take 15 months. Right? And you get an interview after 2 month. And u said it was bad interview so you can fight and appeal. And you still have your time

Hope the best for u.

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
thanks yo so much...its so hard for me and my husband but he said baby dont we wont give up and we will wait for the letter the sent me why he was decliend a visa..and go from there

Ahmegan

Dec 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-12-2012
File Transfer...
15-01-2013
Interview........
19-05-2013 (rejected)
Awwe Im so sorry for you :( I am sick of hearing of this racist officer and he is getting away with it...we have to do something about it, feel free to msg me anytime. I am not accepting the way of appeal if I dont have to, it is just another money grab, there is no reason to reject any of us..

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MadeInCanada said:
Thank you so much, the questions will help us a lot. I will be there, In Sha2 ALLAH. Please tell your wife our news, I haven't talked to her for a few days. Thank you again!
how was ur interview guys

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
Our interview was not good my husband was denied a visa..because im not muslim and older then him this man was so racist ,but we are not giving up cause this is bull@#!^ ..

CanJen

Feb 11, 2013
Hi everyone,

I've been catching up on the posts here and I want to provide some more context around our interview, which might shed some light on why we were approved and other cases weren't. Honestly, I was getting very worried during the interview, and was thinking that we would also get rejected, but here are some points that might have made our situation different than some of the others:

-We talked down our religious differences; my husband indicated he did not pray often, did not fast during Ramadan etc. We both emphasized that religion is not an important part of our life. My husband was not entirely comfortable saying this, but we knew it would be a sticking point.
-When the questions about my salary came up, he said, "Well that is very attractive to an Egyptian man", I responded with, "My husband did not even know how much money I made until we prepared for this interview. It has never been a topic of conversation, but I thought it might be a question, so I told him how much money I make."
-I addressed his concerns, and agreed that I would be skeptical about the same things if I was in his shoes, but about my husband's 'genuineness'; I told him that I lived amongst his boss, his friends, his family, his barber, his grocer, etc. etc. etc. and everybody would go on and on about what an amazing man he is (and how I should treat him well). After 4 months, I saw absolutely no warnings, and I consider myself to be an intelligent/observant person who would notice something like this.
-I also said that I had traveled extensively, and could identify when somebody is conning you. I told him some stories of other tourists in Egypt who had gone through similar situations, and my husband even pointed out some men he knew (in the city where we lived) that did this sort of thing regularly.
-I told him flat out that my husband is not using me for the visa; my husband would actually prefer that we live in Egypt, and I told him I would not (that if anything, this was the one issue we did not agree on). I said how I want to raise a family in Canada, a country that boasts strong medical care, education, economy, and offers lots of opportunity - I want to give my child the best chance in life. I said that if he didn't give us the visa, we would have to find a country that would take us both, but that I would not raise a child in Egypt, especially with the current political situation. I also referenced a recent family experience in which an infant born in Egypt died shortly after birth, which further reinforced my decision not to move to Egypt permanently.

So after all this, he said that he still wasn't convinced - BUT - that I seemed grounded/stable and he would give it to us. I honestly let out a huge sigh of relief when he said this - like I said earlier, it could have gone either way.

I don't think there are is a quota for accepting/rejecting couples, but I do think he has largely made up his mind before you even enter the room - he has been doing this a long time and has heard it all. It's definitely a challenge, and one we almost failed ourselves, but it seems having both wife and husband attend at least gives you a chance, and then emphasizing the reasons that your husband could not possibly be using you for a visa in a mature and polite manner may also help to change his opinion (if that's his concern with you). Giving personal and specific accounts/stories to differentiate yourselves from the other cases may also help. These are all just theories - who knows.

I'm so sorry for anyone who is going through this horrible situation right now, but I wish you all the best of luck in your appeals and future interviews.

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
my husband could not get a word in edge wise he would not listen to him at all.. i think it depends on the imigration officer..Congrats with ur visa

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
First of all congratulations to all who got approved and so sorry for who were denied
how our interview gone was as follows:

My husband gone to the room and the officer was being nice to him took about 20 minutes for him and 10 for me and asked the following questions to my husband:

1-How old are you?
2-How old is your wife?
3-What is your occupation?
4-What is your wife's occupation?
5-Were you married before?
6-Was your wife married before?
7-Do you have children?
8-Where is your wife now?
9-When did she come?
10-What is your father's occupation?
11-Then he told me that he sees it not common in the Egyptian culture for a young man to marry an older woman
12-Do you know why you are here?
13-Is there anything else you would like to say?

and then he told him to call me in to interview me.

I went into the room, sat down and the man started telling me how his throat is sore from the smog and pollution. I smiled and I said I know right! I get like that every time I come here too.
Here is a list of the questions:
1-How do you know your husband is genuine?
2-Does your family support your relationship?
3-Do you understand the responsibilities of the sponsorship agreement and undertaking?
Then he told me that between the 2 of us we had convinced him and that we were approved. He didn't take the passport but instead told me to tell my husband to keep his passport ready.

I suppose it's nice to know he approved us but we still have some more waiting to do and until the visa is actually in my husband's passport and in my husband's hands, I will still be hesitant to relax.

Take Care
MadeInCanada

Ahmegan

Dec 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-12-2012
File Transfer...
15-01-2013
Interview........
19-05-2013 (rejected)
@ CanJen, the officer didnt even ask me any questions regarding our relationship before he told me we are rejected, so when he told me that I talked and talked and talked about much of the same things, why i want my kids to live in canada and why I trust my husband etc. at this point he sat back in his chair and looked to the ground. He did not even make eye contact with me. He then told me that my husband is lying to me and he only ever wants to come to canada. He then told me I am not a real muslim, after I talked about that the most and the reasons why i converted. He denied everything I said, and no matter what I said he didnt budge and I was watching his facial expression. I even explained that I have talked with people online and have experience, i know when people are lying to me online etc. Maybe my husband and I should have lied to him or downplayed our religion even though my husband and I are muslims and do pray 5 times, I didnt want to do this especially after being in a car accident that day and surviving, but i think thats the major way to convince the officer. ANyways congratulations, I hope you and your husband have a nice time in Canada, congrats to MadeinCanada as well,

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Ahmegan said:
@ CanJen, the officer didnt even ask me any questions regarding our relationship before he told me we are rejected, so when he told me that I talked and talked and talked about much of the same things, why i want my kids to live in canada and why I trust my husband etc. at this point he sat back in his chair and looked to the ground. He did not even make eye contact with me. He then told me that my husband is lying to me and he only ever wants to come to canada. He then told me I am not a real muslim, after I talked about that the most and the reasons why i converted. He denied everything I said, and no matter what I said he didnt budge and I was watching his facial expression. I even explained that I have talked with people online and have experience, i know when people are lying to me online etc. Maybe my husband and I should have lied to him or downplayed our religion even though my husband and I are muslims and do pray 5 times, I didnt want to do this especially after being in a car accident that day and surviving, but i think thats the major way to convince the officer. ANyways congratulations, I hope you and your husband have a nice time in Canada, congrats to MadeinCanada as well,
Thank you for the well wishes. I am sorry that your experience was so negative. On a side note I would just like to say I am a convert as well, and although the officer a few times referred to me as a Christian when speaking to my husband, he did not to me. I explained very lightly my religious life growing up and why I chose Islam. At which point he then told me in a very matter of fact manor that religion is a very personal issue and he understood and I did not need to explain myself further. I felt very respected before during and after, as did my husband. I cannot say why some applicants had the experience they did and not others, when the situations are similar.

I will still keep everyone posted on the rest of our file.