Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2014
unfortunately I didn't change my id from single to married coz during my visits to egypt first time was revolution and second time was from few month ago & I couldn't get anything done coz it was presidency election.....
so kashf el ahl came out as for my husbands family only........ do u think it's gonna be a problem?????

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farnardo said:
unfortunately I didn't change my id from single to married coz during my visits to egypt first time was revolution and second time was from few month ago & I couldn't get anything done coz it was presidency election.....
so kashf el ahl came out as for my husbands family only........ do u think it's gonna be a problem?????
I don't think so and I hope not

m0nkey

Jun 23, 2012
madatito2000 said:
its ok ithink bcz you must have kind of number of post its like 25 or something like that if you need anything just give me call and dont wait untill u be here or ur gf
Thanks @madatito2000! I will definitely give you a call. When's a good time to call? Let me know in a private message.

m0nkey

Jun 23, 2012
Dr Eng X said:
I will pick the shortest VO processing time that would be (I guess) United Kingdom
In regard to the civil marriage
A CIVIL MARRIAGE BETWEEN A CANADIAN MALE AND AN EGYPTIAN FEMALE CANNOT BE OBTAINED IN EGYPT
Thanks @Dr Eng X! What does it mean when it says that a civil marriage between a canadian male and an egyptian female cannot be obtained in Egypt? Isn't that what everyone does? They get married in wezaret el 3adl - maktab zawag el aganeb? Now I'm confused! So in the case where the male is the dual citizen (Canadian - Egyptian living in canada - the sponsor) and the female is Egyptian (being sponsored) planning on getting married in Egypt, according to the quote would have to get married as 2 egyptians in egypt and not as a canadian marrying an egyptian? Appreciate if you could clarify and would be helpful if you could share your experience if you were/are in the same boat.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m0nkey said:
Thanks @ Dr Eng X! What does it mean when it says that a civil marriage between a canadian male and an egyptian female cannot be obtained in Egypt? Isn't that what everyone does? They get married in wezaret el 3adl - maktab zawag el aganeb? Now I'm confused! So in the case where the male is the dual citizen (Canadian - Egyptian living in canada - the sponsor) and the female is Egyptian (being sponsored) planning on getting married in Egypt, according to the quote would have to get married as 2 egyptians in egypt and not as a canadian marrying an egyptian? Appreciate if you could clarify and would be helpful if you could share your experience if you were/are in the same boat.
The answer is yes. Most other cases were female Canadian and male Egyptian.

m0nkey

Jun 23, 2012
Dr Eng X said:
The answer is yes. Most other cases were female Canadian and male Egyptian.
Interesting! So what you're telling me is that I don't really have an option? That simplifies a lot of things!! Were you/are you in the same boat?

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m0nkey said:
Interesting! So what you're telling me is that I don't really have an option? That simplifies a lot of things!! Were you/are you in the same boat?
You have read the article. The marriage certificate will be for 2 Egyptians. It really does not matter.

m0nkey

Jun 23, 2012
Dr Eng X said:
You have read the article. The marriage certificate will be for 2 Egyptians. It really does not matter.
How long did it take you to do it in Egypt? I'm planning on being in Egypt for 2 weeks to do this.

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr Eng X said:
how did you get married Dr Eng X it was in Egyptian and egyptian or civil
i think its possible bcz what about im Canadian and i want to married to an Egyptian woman i met her online for example or met here in Egypt how iwill marry to her

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m0nkey said:
How long did it take you to do it in Egypt? I'm planning on being in Egypt for 2 weeks to do this.
There is a lot of paper work. I left it (paper work) to my wife and her family. It took her more than 2 weeks but the situation in Egypt was very chaotic.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
madatito2000 said:
how did you get married Dr Eng X it was in Egyptian and egyptian or civil
i think its possible bcz what about im Canadian and i want to married to an Egyptian woman i met her online for example or met here in Egypt how iwill marry to her
Ok you still think it is possible !!!

A CIVIL MARRIAGE BETWEEN A CANADIAN MALE AND AN EGYPTIAN FEMALE CANNOT BE OBTAINED IN EGYPT
A CIVIL MARRIAGE BETWEEN A CANADIAN MALE AND AN EGYPTIAN FEMALE CANNOT BE OBTAINED IN EGYPT.

A civil marriage in Egypt is issued by the Egyptian Ministry of Justice. For a civil marriage in Egypt between a Canadian female and a non-Canadian male or between two Canadian citizens or between Canadian male and a non-Egyptian female:

The Canadian (s) must declare in writing in both languages (English and Arabic) that they have no legal matrimonial bond(s) still existing. This can be witnessed at the consular section of the Embassy of Canada in Cairo by submitting the affidavit and the original of the Canadian passport, for a fee of 50 Canadian dollars or the equivalent of 310.00 Egyptian pounds. The declaration must include specific information requested by the Egyptian authorities. A sample of the declaration including the information requested is available at the consular section of the Embassy of Canada in Cairo.
The consular section does not provide translation.

The affidavit should be legalized by the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
Then to the Egyptian Ministry of Justice (located at Lazoughly square, Sayeda Zeinab,4th floor) where a civil marriage can be obtained.
In case of divorce, original of divorce document is requested to be submitted at the Egyptian Ministry of Justice.

For divorced female applicants, a three-month period must be observed between a divorce and contracting a new marriage according to the Egyptian Muslim law.

For the marriage to be accepted by Canadian authorities:

Take the marriage certificate to the Translation office of the Egyptian Ministry of Justice at 57 Ramses Street – Dar El Kaddaa El Aly.
Then take the translation to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for legalization;
The legalized translation of the marriage certificate should then be presented to the Consular Section of the Canadian Embassy for authentication; fee is 50 Canadian dollars or 310 EGP
Free to marry certificates
The Canadian Embassy cannot provide a certificate stating that a citizen is free to marry and that there is no impediment to such marriage. Canadian law neither requires nor provides the issuance of such certificates. The concerned parties may make a declaration to the Canadian Embassy that they are free to marry and a Consular Officer can witness the signing of their declaration
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/egypt-egypte/consular_services_consulaires/marriage-mariage.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

The article is (posted by the Canadian Embassy in Cairo for Canadians) recently after some changes in the Egyptian marriage laws...

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think those damn suckers must shut hell up because they wont come and lead our country also and tell us what to do
they humiliate us in damn answer us like this piece crap muck turd dung place its like Pentagon or CIA and nobody can call the muck embassy and find answer so why ahell u give this for people to call
plus many muck stuff they doing against people and now you want them to come and tell us whats is can be obtained in egypt or not you know fuk them sorry for that

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
those people can say what they want and honestly i saw people who is Canadian married with Egyptian women through ministry of justice
plus what about the wife is not Egyptian guys this section is just for foreign its for two non Egyptians want to get married and an egyptian and non egyptian
you know what that make probelm in ministry that u r canadian and u might not be muslim and the wife is muslin so they will ask you to bring certificate proof your religion if they doubt i know ur name will show them ur muslim so just go to azahr and they will give certificate and idont think that will happen

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
madatito2000 said:
i think those damn suckers must shut hell up because they wont come and lead our country also and tell us what to do
they humiliate us in damn answer us like this piece crap muck turd dung place its like Pentagon or CIA and nobody can call the muck embassy and find answer so why ahell u give this for people to call
plus many muck stuff they doing against people and now you want them to come and tell us whats is can be obtained in egypt or not you know fuk them sorry for that
I understand your frustration...we have to file complaints so these violations will end...the problem is the whole government is corrupt! I have never voted for them!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
madatito2000 said:
i think the civil marriage in Egypt is issued by the Egyptian Ministry of Justice. For a civil marriage in Egypt between a Canadian female and a non-Canadian male or between two Canadian citizens or between Canadian male and a non-Egyptian female
that what did you said in the article but ithink its possible even what ever Canada saying but hey i read the authorities of Ministry of justice in supject of Foreign marriage
so believe me Canada cant say *censored word* about what the Egyptian law say bcz everybody must shut damn up
look that thier condition that they put in the building
Not sure if I understand all of what you say...All I can say the article posted by the Canadian embassy if my understanding is correct means they can not provide Canadian male with all the necessary documents the Egyptian law requires
The Canadian Embassy cannot provide a certificate stating that a citizen is free to marry and that there is no impediment to such marriage. Canadian law neither requires nor provides the issuance of such certificates.