WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
bondar said:
I'm sorry, I know in Quebec they have an income chart. When I had called the help line for myself they had told me this, because the chart was part of my application. The best thing to do is read the manual and if you dont understand call the hotline. :)

I was told by someone in Quebec that this income chart doesn't apply anymore although it was in the application we originally had but I understand changes have occured since. The earlier comment is right you do not need a set amount of income to sponser but a plan as to what you will do for example will you live with someone else until you get a job and that person will help you both, I will admit that your chances are a whole lot better with a job and then sponsering and I'm not sure about going back to Egypt while this process is taking place it's best to call immigration and ask them.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shamsuannahr said:
Thanks Dr Eng X!
You are welcome. (By the way CIC agent told me: there is no minimum income requirement or a cut-off when sponsoring your spouse without dependent children. I said what I am 100% sure of)
You might have seen these;
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html;msg1203499#msg1203499
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t36927.0.html;msg242551#msg242551
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html;msg1259152#msg1259152

Good luck

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.28/2011 approved for sponsorship
File Transfer...
Mar.11/2011 in cairo/started processing ott-pilot Sept.15/11
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Oct.30/2011/ results received Dec.10/11
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
Well today is our happiest day ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D ;) ;D finally my husband has the Visa in hand as of today and I booked his flight out on guess what day lol hehe valentines day!!! he will be in my arms tuesday evening his flight arrives 5:30 pm. I never thought this day would ever arrive.

God bless you all,may you all have a speedy process, thanks to everyone for being there I know this site has been a rock for me.

Oh PS. Total time = 1year and 13 days for my husbands feet to set on canadian soil and finally be with his wife elhumdallah, thanks to God.

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
helloo Louisa ,, :D :D :D i told you ,.. your husband will get his visa on Thursday or saturady maximum

am very happy for you and your husband

can you tell plz... what air lines your husband will use and how much the ticket ??did u buy it from egypt or canada ?????

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
louisa said:
Well today is our happiest day ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D ;) ;D finally my husband has the Visa in hand as of today and I booked his flight out on guess what day lol hehe valentines day!!! he will be in my arms tuesday evening his flight arrives 5:30 pm. I never thought this day would ever arrive.

God bless you all,may you all have a speedy process, thanks to everyone for being there I know this site has been a rock for me.

Oh PS. Total time = 1year and 13 days for my husbands feet to set on canadian soil and finally be with his wife elhumdallah, thanks to God.
Congratulations, best of luck

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
fox82 said:
helloo Louisa ,, :D :D :D i told you ,.. your husband will get his visa on Thursday or saturady maximum

am very happy for you and your husband

can you tell plz... what air lines your husband will use and how much the ticket ??did u buy it from egypt or canada ?????
His ticket cost 1138.32 but I had air miles on my visa to use which saved 660.dollars on the ticket so I am not a good one to go by for flights there was another one at 111o.10 but this traveled through the states and I didn't want him caught up in red tape there.And this company goes through expedia.ca, I had a price from sell off vacations the other day at 1046.00. all theese places are in canada. but you can access online.I'm so happy you was right about the visa lol I was like an obcessed woman checking DHL hourly lol yesterday it started and didn't stop until 2 am this morning but it still doesn't say delivered but they called this morning at 10 am. Now it's MELS and FRESH PRINCES turn. EVERYONE stay strong the end does come!

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sponsorship Approval 13Jan15, file sent to Cairo
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Not Expected as this is a child sponsorship
fox82 said:
comgratulation louisa ..happy for you and your husband when will he travel to you ..?? i am still in egypt for some issues ,,, let me know how much he pay for the ticket ? which airlines?
Congrats to you all, fox, louisa and others I have been reading about. Soon you will be reunited with your spouses. I'm so happy for all of you.

fox, we brought my husband here through Alitalia. The total cost of the flight was about $642.00 canadian funds. He did not need a transit visa and total flight time was about 16 hours. Not bad at all. I'm not sure if the cost is higher because it is February (he came in November).

Getting through customs at Toronto was easy and fast. So far, we have gotten his PR card, his OHIP card came today in the mail. He is eligible for health insurance Saturday. He has opened a bank account and has a debit card and he is studying for his driver's written test. If he passes he is eligible to take a driver's test for his G licence. One note about getting credit. We opened an HSBC account while I was in Egypt so we are going to go see them about getting him a credit card so he can build his credit up. Please look up your Adult Language and Learning Center. They will be very helpful with English language classes and helping you to understand the things you need to do. The adult education center here says he needs 4 courses to make his high school in Egypt equivalent to Ontario diploma. We have sent resumes out to local places and temp agencies. When he finishes his courses, he should be ready to work and hopefully he can find a job in the city we live.

Otherwise things are going great. If you ahve any questions, please send me pesonal email as I don't get on here often anymore.

Good luck again everyone.

Sheila

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
sheila la said:
Congrats to you all, fox, louisa and others I have been reading about. Soon you will be reunited with your spouses. I'm so happy for all of you.

fox, we brought my husband here through Alitalia. The total cost of the flight was about $642.00 canadian funds. He did not need a transit visa and total flight time was about 16 hours. Not bad at all. I'm not sure if the cost is higher because it is February (he came in November).

Getting through customs at Toronto was easy and fast. So far, we have gotten his PR card, his OHIP card came today in the mail. He is eligible for health insurance Saturday. He has opened a bank account and has a debit card and he is studying for his driver's written test. If he passes he is eligible to take a driver's test for his G licence. One note about getting credit. We opened an HSBC account while I was in Egypt so we are going to go see them about getting him a credit card so he can build his credit up. Please look up your Adult Language and Learning Center. They will be very helpful with English language classes and helping you to understand the things you need to do. The adult education center here says he needs 4 courses to make his high school in Egypt equivalent to Ontario diploma. We have sent resumes out to local places and temp agencies. When he finishes his courses, he should be ready to work and hopefully he can find a job in the city we live.

Otherwise things are going great. If you ahve any questions, please send me pesonal email as I don't get on here often anymore.

Sheila

Really nice to hear from you, I'm glad you updated us and thanks for the advice. Sounds like you both are settled in wonderfully ;)

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
I never checked about this transit visa, I hope he doesnt need one too, how does one know?-

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
louisa said:
I never checked about this transit visa, I hope he doesnt need one too, how does one know?-
As far as I know; there is no need to a transit Visa as long as he remains within the airport he is transiting in.

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
Dr Eng X said:
As far as I know; there is no need to a transit Visa as long as he remains within the airport he is transiting in.

Thank you so much, I tried to look on the net about this and I read that too but I"ts nice to have it confirmed by someone else especially where I already booked his ticket. thanks again.

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
lousia .. no transit visa you need as far you sit in airport .,,i searched this too ,,,, i was to buy ticket and with transit flight through germany or london ,, and i contacted both German and British embassy ... and they told NO TRANSIT VISA REQUIRED

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
sheila la said:

Sheila
very nice to hear from you Sheila and very good helpful info happyto know life goes smooth with you and your spouse the and he is doing papers he need to settle in canada good luck for you

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
louisa said:
Thank you so much, I tried to look on the net about this and I read that too but I"ts nice to have it confirmed by someone else especially where I already booked his ticket. thanks again.
Let me clearify this and how it works, if someone is traveling to from A to B he/she needs a Visa to B. Let us say there are no direct flights from A to B there will be transit in C airport. C airport from terminal x to terminal y, you are inside the international zone. Becareful not to go outside it, normally the customs, border and visa officers will stop you and check your documents since these are international travels.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fox82 said:
lousia .. no transit visa you need as far you sit in airport .,,i searched this too ,,,, i was to buy ticket and with transit flight through germany or london ,, and i contacted both German and British embassy ... and they told NO TRANSIT VISA REQUIRED
While booking a flight through an agent he made a mistake of changing airports while transiting. If you book online the site will warn you. If the agent is careful will warn you.

I have lived in different countries, traveled many times and been through transit and did some mistakes. I have been in situations you won't have to worry about. Another example I lived in US and while traveling internationally I had a transit in a different State "State to State-transiting" then international. There won't be customs or borders and you can easily get outside the airport but that is domestic...
Briefly, you won't have problems