Passport Req..
13 FEB 2012
VISA ISSUED...
7 Mar 2012
LANDED..........
13 Mar 2012
shamsuannahr said:
Hi everyone:

We're almost finished gathering the documents for my Egyptian husband's PR application, but I'm a bit nervous about *my* eligibility to sponsor him. I got back to Canada a month ago after spending eight months in Egypt. During those eight months, I made maybe $1,200 CAD teaching English at an NGO, and now I'm back in Canada looking for a job. But I'd actually really really like to go back to Cairo to do private tutoring until my husband gets his visa, because it's very hard being away from him. According to the website:

In order to sponsor, you must...
prove that you have sufficient income to provide basic requirements for your spouse or common-law partner's dependent children. To do this, you must provide documents showing your financial resources for the past 12 months. This requirement applies only when dependent children who have dependent children of their own are included on the application.

We don't have dependent children, *but* I still have to supply my employment status and my financial history for the past 12 months on the Sponsorship Evaluation form.

Speaking from your own experience (*not* quoting from the CIC website):

a) Is it likely that our application will be rejected if I marked "unemployed" on the Sponsorship Evaluation form, when I only made $1,200 in the past nine months? (*However, during the year previous to that, my salary was above the minimum necessary income to sponsor 2 persons, if we had dependent children.) Should I wait until I find a job in Canada before submitting the application?

b) If I decide to fly back to Cairo right after submitting our application in Canada, will that look bad? Would it be safer to remain in Canada during the 56 day sponsorship evaluation period? Or it doesn't really matter, as long as I keep my address and contact info updated? I know they send the sponsor results by mail, but I could just have one of my parents open the letter.

Thank you!!
Hi I really think you should find a job before you apply, they will say you have no means to support him at this time. Of course if you find a job you will need to stay here for awhile and work. What province are you from? Depending on that some require a min income.

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.28/2011 approved for sponsorship
File Transfer...
Mar.11/2011 in cairo/started processing ott-pilot Sept.15/11
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Oct.30/2011/ results received Dec.10/11
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
Ana_Mo said:
hi every one i am MO Egyptian 32 years old i am also permanent resident of Canada i live in Vancouver British Columbia since 2007 i sponsored my wife from Egypt she is my cousin too and her mom and my mom are sister's the process since i sent the papers on Aug 2011 approved for sponsorship after 3 months then application received on Jan 21st 2012 then interview on 22 jan2012 the interview with my wife went OK we have photos and emails and western union copies and conversation on sky-be for year and lots of proofs at the interview the officer didn't take her passport and she told her will call you on 3 weeks the 3 weeks will end on Feb 10 Th

my questions i am scared they will refuse her because they didn't take her passport also it shows on the CIC application status that medical have been received and interview was on Jan 22 /2012 what should i do because i am tired from being single i need my wife and i don't want the Egyptian visa office to ruin my life because they did before too many times before i inter Canada if they didn't called her after the 3 weeks which is what i feel really

thanks to all for reading my problem

It's a waiting game with the embassy, really they have your lives in their hands. One question though you mentioned about cousins, did they ask this question to your wife at the interview? In Canada it's illegal to marry your 1st cousins,I'm not passing judgement I know it's allowed in Egypt but here it's not because of children being sick and we have free health care.I have two cousins who lived together since they are teens they had 4 kids the first died our laws can't stop people from living together just the marriage. Good Luck try to stay calm until they send their decision, you also could contact your local MP to see if they can look into the matter for you as well.

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
comgratulation louisa ..happy for you and your husband when will he travel to you ..?? i am still in egypt for some issues ,,, let me know how much he pay for the ticket ? which airlines?

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
fox82 said:
comgratulation louisa ..happy for you and your husband when will he travel to you ..?? i am still in egypt for some issues ,,, let me know how much he pay for the ticket ? which airlines?

Thank you fox

He just received the letter yesterday so we will wait until he actually has the visa in hand then book his ticket but so far what I have seen for different flights is about $1046.00 canadian dollars taxes included.I have a question for you about the tracking with DHL, I checked this number yesterday and today and it says no information on query this tells me they never actually sent it yet. Did you see tracking information the same day as you received your letter?

Melo57

Jan 29, 2012
louisa said:
Thank you fox

He just received the letter yesterday so we will wait until he actually has the visa in hand then book his ticket but so far what I have seen for different flights is about $1046.00 canadian dollars taxes included.I have a question for you about the tracking with DHL, I checked this number yesterday and today and it says no information on query this tells me they never actually sent it yet. Did you see tracking information the same day as you received your letter?

Hello guys,
Hello louisa,
Hope you all fine !!!

My congrats. for you louisa and your husband, i have a comment on the prices you have for the tickets from cairo to canada, so i think i can help you in this regard, i dunno if iam right or not but from your profile i realized that you lives in nova scotia,then i think his destination will be Nova scotia airport ((Halifax airport, Canada) ).... Tell me about the leaving date and i will try to find you some good prices ..

By the way i wanted to ask you about the estimated time to recieve the passport back from cairo visa office , because I JUST RECEIVED AN E-MAIL FROM THEM REQUESTING ME TO SEND THEM THE PASSPORT FOR ISSUING THE VISA :DHINK IAM VERY LUCKY W YARB TKMAL 3ALA 5ER ISA I JUST APPLIED IN LAST SEPTEMBER :S .... BUT I HAVE TO LAND IN CANADA BEFORE 20/4/2012 :S so i wanted to know when iam supposed to excpect getting back my passport in order to start reserving the tickets.... if you have any exceperience with that i would be grateful for you advices .... and what letter your husband got yesterday , i thought it was an e-mail on january/2/2012 as its written on your profile " the date of requesting the passport, and how can i check with DHL :s from where to get the tracking number ... :S

and waiting for your reply about the tickets so i can offer my help

Wish you all hear good news soon

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
Melo57 said:
Hello guys,
Hello louisa,
Hope you all fine !!!

My congrats. for you louisa and your husband, i have a comment on the prices you have for the tickets from cairo to canada, so i think i can help you in this regard, i dunno if iam right or not but from your profile i realized that you lives in nova scotia,then i think his destination will be Nova scotia airport ((Halifax airport, Canada) ).... Tell me about the leaving date and i will try to find you some good prices ..

By the way i wanted to ask you about the estimated time to recieve the passport back from cairo visa office , because I JUST RECEIVED AN E-MAIL FROM THEM REQUESTING ME TO SEND THEM THE PASSPORT FOR ISSUING THE VISA :DHINK IAM VERY LUCKY W YARB TKMAL 3ALA 5ER ISA I JUST APPLIED IN LAST SEPTEMBER :S .... BUT I HAVE TO LAND IN CANADA BEFORE 20/4/2012 :S so i wanted to know when iam supposed to excpect getting back my passport in order to start reserving the tickets.... if you have any exceperience with that i would be grateful for you advices .... and what letter your husband got yesterday , i thought it was an e-mail on january/2/2012 as its written on your profile " the date of requesting the passport, and how can i check with DHL :s from where to get the tracking number ... :S

and waiting for your reply about the tickets so i can offer my help

Wish you all hear good news soon

hello Melo

Thank you for wanting to help this is the final letter he received the one which says they sent the actual passport back to him

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the family class category.

We are pleased to inform you that your immigrant visa has been issued. It will be sent to your mailing address within the coming few days through DHL based on cash on delivery system; which means that you will have to pay the courier delivery charges directly to the DHL representative.

Your DHL tracking number:

Wishing you all the best of luck in Canada

It took 4 days to reach the embassy, from what I can tell an earlier post is correct they only receive and send mail on monday's and thursdays. His passport sat with DHL two days before they delivered it to the embassy on Monday.He lives about 3 hours from Cairo. and it took them 4 weeks to send this letter i posted above. Now we are waiting for the actual passport to be sent by DHL it says on the site of DHL no query found so that tells me they don't have it yet. Everything is so slow it's frustrating but we are hoping next week he can fly out. We won't book any ticket until the passport is in his hands once again.

Melo57

Jan 29, 2012
louisa said:
hello Melo

Thank you for wanting to help this is the final letter he received the one which says they sent the actual passport back to him

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the family class category.

We are pleased to inform you that your immigrant visa has been issued. It will be sent to your mailing address within the coming few days through DHL based on cash on delivery system; which means that you will have to pay the courier delivery charges directly to the DHL representative.

It took 4 days to reach the embassy, from what I can tell an earlier post is correct they only receive and send mail on monday's and thursdays. His passport sat with DHL two days before they delivered it to the embassy on Monday.He lives about 3 hours from Cairo. and it took them 4 weeks to send this letter i posted above. Now we are waiting for the actual passport to be sent by DHL it says on the site of DHL no query found so that tells me they don't have it yet. Everything is so slow it's frustrating but we are hoping next week he can fly out. We won't book any ticket until the passport is in his hands once again.
Aha.... but i wanted to tell you somtheing about the sending and receiving, i sent it yesterday by aramex and it showed that the passport delivered today at 9.45 am and today is not monday !!! but i sent it using ARAMEX, i think its something about DHL, somthing like they accumulates el shipments and work on it on specific days like u said..... but it happens only with DHL like i got from my experience...

And according to your story it takes more than a month to get back the passport !! which means i will get it by March and same like you i won't book any ticket before i got it in my hands.... and that means they wil give me less than a month to book which will only afford us more high prices for the ticket , coz as you may know , its cheaper when you book long time ago before departure...
But they can't let me like that till end of march and then they ask me to fly out before April /20/2012 ... :S that sucksssssss :S :S :S

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
hi louisa ,,,

dont worry your passport will come by thursady or saturady maximum

i didnt see any updates on DHL web page untill 2 days later after i got the email ...and they update it during the 24 hours per day ,it means u can find updates at nite and morning and next nite etc

Melo

how can you help us with the ticket prices ???..can you tell me how much it might cost from cairo to

Newbrunswick in middle of march ????

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ana_Mo said:
hi every one i am MO Egyptian 32 years old i am also permanent resident of Canada i live in Vancouver British Columbia since 2007 i sponsored my wife from Egypt she is my cousin too and her mom and my mom are sister's the process since i sent the papers on Aug 2011 approved for sponsorship after 3 months then application received on Jan 21st 2012 then interview on 22 jan2012 the interview with my wife went OK we have photos and emails and western union copies and conversation on sky-be for year and lots of proofs at the interview the officer didn't take her passport and she told her will call you on 3 weeks the 3 weeks will end on Feb 10 Th

my questions i am scared they will refuse her because they didn't take her passport also it shows on the CIC application status that medical have been received and interview was on Jan 22 /2012 what should i do because i am tired from being single i need my wife and i don't want the Egyptian visa office to ruin my life because they did before too many times before i inter Canada if they didn't called her after the 3 weeks which is what i feel really

thanks to all for reading my problem
I would not worry at all. Visa officers are Egyptian and know Egyptian culture, customs, religion....Egyptian girls are almost always in a genuin relation...a girl will rarely enter into marriage to obtain papers...

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
louisa said:
FINALLY WHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband got the letter we was waiting for here is what it says.

Great Louisa congrats

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shamsuannahr said:
Hi everyone:

We're almost finished gathering the documents for my Egyptian husband's PR application, but I'm a bit nervous about *my* eligibility to sponsor him. I got back to Canada a month ago after spending eight months in Egypt. During those eight months, I made maybe $1,200 CAD teaching English at an NGO, and now I'm back in Canada looking for a job. But I'd actually really really like to go back to Cairo to do private tutoring until my husband gets his visa, because it's very hard being away from him. According to the website:

In order to sponsor, you must...
prove that you have sufficient income to provide basic requirements for your spouse or common-law partner's dependent children. To do this, you must provide documents showing your financial resources for the past 12 months. This requirement applies only when dependent children who have dependent children of their own are included on the application.

We don't have dependent children, *but* I still have to supply my employment status and my financial history for the past 12 months on the Sponsorship Evaluation form.

Speaking from your own experience (*not* quoting from the CIC website):

a) Is it likely that our application will be rejected if I marked "unemployed" on the Sponsorship Evaluation form, when I only made $1,200 in the past nine months? (*However, during the year previous to that, my salary was above the minimum necessary income to sponsor 2 persons, if we had dependent children.) Should I wait until I find a job in Canada before submitting the application?

b) If I decide to fly back to Cairo right after submitting our application in Canada, will that look bad? Would it be safer to remain in Canada during the 56 day sponsorship evaluation period? Or it doesn't really matter, as long as I keep my address and contact info updated? I know they send the sponsor results by mail, but I could just have one of my parents open the letter.

Thank you!!
Few very important points:
If you are sponsoring your spouse and there are no dependent children there is no minimum income. Even if you can barely support yourself even if your income is below the average yearly income. I am 100% sure and you can call CIC yourself. I have also seen students successfully sponsored their spouses!

If you are a perminant resident you CAN NOT sponsor your spouse if you do not reside in Canada. Canadian citizens may sponsor their spouses if they are not residing in Canada if they show (prove) that they will reside in Canada.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: CAIRO VISA OFFICE translation of certificates ect..

Mohamed_Hassan said:
hello to everyone, I just had a question with regards to the translation of all the certificates and documents required.

Can they be translated in Canada by a registered translator? or only in Egypt?

Thanks to you all in advance.
Documents can be translated either in Egypt or Canada. It does not matter, but documents should carry the ministery of foreign affairs seal before translation. That seal means this document can be used outside Egypt and that it is an official Egyptian document.
Most people would prefer translations to be done in Egypt!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bondar said:
Hi I really think you should find a job before you apply, they will say you have no means to support him at this time. Of course if you find a job you will need to stay here for awhile and work. What province are you from? Depending on that some require a min income.
There are no minimum requirements on sponsoring your spouse (just your spouse without dependent children)!

shamsuannahr

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
30-05-2012
Med's Request
23-06-2013
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
12-05-2013
Dr Eng X said:
There are no minimum requirements on sponsoring your spouse (just your spouse without dependent children)!
Thanks Dr Eng X!

bondar

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Miss 21 July 2011
AOR Received.
Cairo 28 Sept 2011
File Transfer...
Ottawa pilot 22 Nov 2011
Med's Done....
medical received Dec 9 2011
Interview........
8 FEB 2012
Passport Req..
13 FEB 2012
VISA ISSUED...
7 Mar 2012
LANDED..........
13 Mar 2012
Dr Eng X said:
I'm sorry, I know in Quebec they have an income chart. When I had called the help line for myself they had told me this, because the chart was part of my application. The best thing to do is read the manual and if you dont understand call the hotline. :)