Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emadiano said:
congratulations taqy
hi everyone i want to share my news with you i got phone call then email telling me that i have interview.
im so exciting and scare too, if anyone have any advice i will be thankful please pray for me everyone
congrats

taqy

Sep 1, 2011
emadiano said:
congratulations taqy
hi everyone i want to share my news with you i got phone call then email telling me that i have interview.
im so exciting and scare too, if anyone have any advice i will be thankful please pray for me everyone
thanks emadiono
enshaaallah ur interview will be asu wish & to be with ur lovely very soon

taqy

Sep 1, 2011
sara2012 said:
Congratulation
I want to know if the process depends on where I live in Canada. Is it shorter in one province and longer in another? Tagy, In which provience will you live in Canada?

Maburik :)
en shaa allah toronto ontario

taqy

Sep 1, 2011
Re: Congratulation Tagy !

sara2012 said:
I want to know why it takes long time with some members and shorter with others. Taqy where did you mentioned you will live in Canada?
toronto ontario

Hope for best

Jan 17, 2012
Dear Dr. Eng X

Thanks for replying. I lived for 2 years in KSA and now this is my 2nd year in Canada (doing my post doctoral fellowship). I applied in 2009 as FSW via London office. Never had been to any other countries.

Thank you in advance and regards.

bondar

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Miss 21 July 2011
AOR Received.
Cairo 28 Sept 2011
File Transfer...
Ottawa pilot 22 Nov 2011
Med's Done....
medical received Dec 9 2011
Interview........
8 FEB 2012
Passport Req..
13 FEB 2012
VISA ISSUED...
7 Mar 2012
LANDED..........
13 Mar 2012
Congrats Taqy I wish you both all the best and enjoy your new life together :)

Mohamed_Hassan

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Egypt
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
01-07-2013
Hello To everyone, and good luck to you all.

I am a new member and have a few questions. I think it might be worth explaining the situation to get the most out of your time and experiance.

I met my wife online in 2008, we have comunicated via e-mail,msn, skype, and text messages from then untill now. She came to Egypt in March of 2010, where we met for the first time in person. She lived in her own apartment, and we married in November. We did not live together, I stayed with her, but we have no proof other then saying it was so. Perhaps the landlord of the apartment would write a letter saying I did, but I was not on the contract she signed in March 2010, other then as a witness.

She returned to Canada in Feb of 2011, and came back for 2 months (October-Dec 2011), where she stayed in my family home with myself and my mother, brother and sister.

Of course during the time we were together there are no e-mails, no msn or skype chats, but lots of texts. we did take a few trips and go to some clubs so we have some pictures, but alot of them she is in our home, and does not have her hijab so they are not able to be sent in to CIC.

We did not have an engagement party or wedding party, as my relatives would not aprove of our marriage. Due to the fact I cannot as of yet take full responsibility financially they would disapprove and possibly be vocal with other family and friends that I married her for a visa and or money.

There is only 2 family members outside of my parents and siblings (also my sister has recently married and her husband and his family know, and she has met my sisters husband.)that know of our marriage, and a few of my friends, (which have also been introduced to her.)

My parents are very worried and feel it would also cause some of the family to look badly towards my wife because she came here with no gaurdian.(against family/social traditions) Also they(my parents) feel if we(the family) is made to look bad (married of convience)that it will effect the likely hood of my younger siblings getting married in the futrure.

So because of all of this we do not have strong proof of our relationship and we are worried that if we apply we will be turned down.

We have applied for a TRV but were refused for it also. ties to my country was one of the reasons for that.I would have liked to be able to visit Canada to decide if I want to live there without the wait time of the PR and having to spend so much time away from my wife.

My questions are: (from the explanation of our situation) do you think we will face problems?

We plan to have our wedding party/reception in Canada, which is why wanted to get the TRV also.Would that help as proof? her wedding dress and other things, invitations,ect. no date though as we dont know when we will be there for it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sorry if this seems scattered about, i am just trying to get it all so it will give a clear idea of the situation.

Thank you in advance for your time and opinions....

mr.x

Star Member
Dec 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTT/Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-12-2011
Interview........
14-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-24-2012
LANDED..........
05-30-2012
i think you have enough to prove your relation

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
Mohamed_Hassan

i think there is no problem your story is nt so wierd and nothing you need worry about ...you just be urself and you tell explain every thing in the application ..you have enough pictures and e mails letters love cards etc ...it is ok if you didnt have wedding party but at least you got small party and brought some cake with your family and you should have pictures ...and let your family and her family write letters of support showing they support this marriage specially from her side ....i think it is easy you can proofe relationship as long as this relationship is genuine

good luck

Mohamed_Hassan

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Egypt
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
01-07-2013
Re: CAIRO VISA OFFICE translation of certificates ect..

hello to everyone, I just had a question with regards to the translation of all the certificates and documents required.

Can they be translated in Canada by a registered translator? or only in Egypt?

Thanks to you all in advance.

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.28/2011 approved for sponsorship
File Transfer...
Mar.11/2011 in cairo/started processing ott-pilot Sept.15/11
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Oct.30/2011/ results received Dec.10/11
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
FINALLY WHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband got the letter we was waiting for here is what it says.

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the family class category.

We are pleased to inform you that your immigrant visa has been issued. It will be sent to your mailing address within the coming few days through DHL based on cash on delivery system; which means that you will have to pay the courier delivery charges directly to the DHL representative.

Your DHL tracking number:

Wishing you all the best of luck in Canada

shamsuannahr

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
30-05-2012
Med's Request
23-06-2013
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
12-05-2013
Hi everyone:

We're almost finished gathering the documents for my Egyptian husband's PR application, but I'm a bit nervous about *my* eligibility to sponsor him. I got back to Canada a month ago after spending eight months in Egypt. During those eight months, I made maybe $1,200 CAD teaching English at an NGO, and now I'm back in Canada looking for a job. But I'd actually really really like to go back to Cairo to do private tutoring until my husband gets his visa, because it's very hard being away from him. According to the website:

In order to sponsor, you must…
prove that you have sufficient income to provide basic requirements for your spouse or common-law partner’s dependent children. To do this, you must provide documents showing your financial resources for the past 12 months. This requirement applies only when dependent children who have dependent children of their own are included on the application.

We don't have dependent children, *but* I still have to supply my employment status and my financial history for the past 12 months on the Sponsorship Evaluation form.

Speaking from your own experience (*not* quoting from the CIC website):

a) Is it likely that our application will be rejected if I marked "unemployed" on the Sponsorship Evaluation form, when I only made $1,200 in the past nine months? (*However, during the year previous to that, my salary was above the minimum necessary income to sponsor 2 persons, if we had dependent children.) Should I wait until I find a job in Canada before submitting the application?

b) If I decide to fly back to Cairo right after submitting our application in Canada, will that look bad? Would it be safer to remain in Canada during the 56 day sponsorship evaluation period? Or it doesn't really matter, as long as I keep my address and contact info updated? I know they send the sponsor results by mail, but I could just have one of my parents open the letter.

Thank you!!

Ana_Mo

Feb 6, 2012
hi every one i am MO Egyptian 32 years old i am also permanent resident of Canada i live in Vancouver British Columbia since 2007 i sponsored my wife from Egypt she is my cousin too and her mom and my mom are sister's the process since i sent the papers on Aug 2011 approved for sponsorship after 3 months then application received on Jan 21st 2012 then interview on 22 jan2012 the interview with my wife went OK we have photos and emails and western union copies and conversation on sky-be for year and lots of proofs at the interview the officer didn't take her passport and she told her will call you on 3 weeks the 3 weeks will end on Feb 10 Th

my questions i am scared they will refuse her because they didn't take her passport also it shows on the CIC application status that medical have been received and interview was on Jan 22 /2012 what should i do because i am tired from being single i need my wife and i don't want the Egyptian visa office to ruin my life because they did before too many times before i inter Canada if they didn't called her after the 3 weeks which is what i feel really

thanks to all for reading my problem