Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
Just want to add some of my experiences and keep you all updated, Anyone thinking it's quick and easy to marry a canadian so so wrong.It took us 13 trips to cairo to get all the steps done for legal marriage for the canadian embassy.
It took 28 days for them to decide I was accepted to sponser my husband and 11 days to reach the cairo embassy and say on the site that application was recieved march,11/2011 thanks to this site I see it's normal to wait,everday I check this site and pray there is change to application in process to no avail. I will be crazy before this is over we miss each other so much and this year we can't afford for me to go there and spend time with him because of the money spent on the immigration fees. I don't know how you all feel but the system sucks and they could figure out a better way to allow our spouses be with us quickly and still have a back up plan in case the marriage was for entry to canada only. :(

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
im sorry to beg you sir fox 82 ijust would like to ask u about something are you sure that military serivice certificate is neccasry ducement for this application and what about the poeple whose didnt made it imean for example the poeple whose (lm yosebh el door) imean we went to military and then they said to us no we dont need poeple who born from to .... ihope u cant understand me or you mean we must present this paper nomatter if we had military service or not and also what about id ididnt see it in the checklist or appedix A they didnt require it
one more question sir im still writing and answer the application so can you help me about the following in application Sponsored spouse partner questionnaire there alot of questions about was there a formal ceremony to recognice or celebrate the engagment ? for me and my wife iasked her for engagment and then ibought two rings and isent her one ring for this engagement then when she was here imade smal party for us and myfamily inside our rental apartment so what is the right answer and also they asking in the next question 15 the same question as 14 but it is about the marriage imean was there aformal ceremony to recognize or celebrate the marriage ? me and mywife we got married in the ministry of justice like everyone in foriegns marriage department and later we made small party inisde our apartment with my family and iware tuxedo and mywife ware islamic black dress look like wedding dress but in islamic way we took some pics of that then we went to the photographer to make some pics of us in the studio so what is the answer what do u suggest and im sorry for taking longer on you in question 18 was there a reception ? what mean of the reception is this same as wedding hall ? me and mywife didint nothing more than what ialready told you samll party in our apartment and we didnt plan for doing anything in canada so what do u suggest ?im so sorry for this long but plz ihope u can answer me as soon as you godbless you

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
louisa said:
Just want to add some of my experiences and keep you all updated, Anyone thinking it's quick and easy to marry a canadian so so wrong.It took us 13 trips to cairo to get all the steps done for legal marriage for the canadian embassy.
It took 28 days for them to decide I was accepted to sponser my husband and 11 days to reach the cairo embassy and say on the site that application was recieved march,11/2011 thanks to this site I see it's normal to wait,everday I check this site and pray there is change to application in process to no avail. I will be crazy before this is over we miss each other so much and this year we can't afford for me to go there and spend time with him because of the money spent on the immigration fees. I don't know how you all feel but the system sucks and they could figure out a better way to allow our spouses be with us quickly and still have a back up plan in case the marriage was for entry to canada only. :(
hi louisa
i read ur lines and i wished it would be more bright than this ::) i dont know why it takes 13 trip to get married to ur husband ,,, if u could get married after 1st or 2nd trip so why u didnt?? may be u had some specialcircumostances to gather ur papers it doesnt mean it is the rule for all couples ...i got maried my wife after 3rd trip anyway thats nt the deal

good thing that u r approved to sponsor ur hubby and hope evrything goes right way for you and for evryone of us

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ithink u fox 82 make everything look somuch difficult so ican understand why is your application got late bcz u put alot of unneccesary papers like military serivice and like id egyptian id and you u need to understand that they want the official translation of the legal decuments same as what u did with your marriage papers you remmebr this friend who get short time of the operation with immigration imean since he sent his paper until his visa issued it didnt take less than 7months why bcz he was simple he wasnt somuch diffcult imean man u need to understand that simple thing help alot and what u doing for VO they will return it back to u either in ur application or ur decuments iremember one of myfreinds send (qead 3aliy ) for himself and for his family imean for his dad they delaied him alot and his friend applied in same time and the last one got visa before him bcz they want everything simple and u must doing what they ask for nothing else nothing less and nothing more
like what do u saying and the other about the emails msg and online chat did you read the appendix A they saying we dont neeed anything about internet nothing we dont need any emails nothing we need mails letters phone bills and photoes so how dare u think that u can add some thing they didnt ask about . so they return it back to u with more delay for ur case so be simpe u find the poeple simple and what u doing for them they return it back

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
madatito2000 said:
im sorry to beg you sir fox 82 ijust would like to ask u about something are you sure that military serivice certificate is neccasry ducement for this application and what about the poeple whose didnt made it imean for example the poeple whose (lm yosebh el door) imean we went to military and then they said to us no we dont need poeple who born from to .... ihope u cant understand me or you mean we must present this paper nomatter if we had military service or not and also what about id ididnt see it in the checklist or appedix A they didnt require it
one more question sir im still writing and answer the application so can you help me about the following in application Sponsored spouse partner questionnaire there alot of questions about was there a formal ceremony to recognice or celebrate the engagment ? for me and my wife iasked her for engagment and then ibought two rings and isent her one ring for this engagement then when she was here imade smal party for us and myfamily inside our rental apartment so what is the right answer and also they asking in the next question 15 the same question as 14 but it is about the marriage imean was there aformal ceremony to recognize or celebrate the marriage ? me and mywife we got married in the ministry of justice like everyone in foriegns marriage department and later we made small party inisde our apartment with my family and iware tuxedo and mywife ware islamic black dress look like wedding dress but in islamic way we took some pics of that then we went to the photographer to make some pics of us in the studio so what is the answer what do u suggest and im sorry for taking longer on you in question 18 was there a reception ? what mean of the reception is this same as wedding hall ? me and mywife didint nothing more than what ialready told you samll party in our apartment and we didnt plan for doing anything in canada so what do u suggest ?im so sorry for this long but plz ihope u can answer me as soon as you godbless you
hii madatito 2000
i hope am nt confused about isues u meant in ur lines ,,,and i wished if u make it in point more clear and regulated but i will answer u as much as i can in points
1-THE MILITARY SERVICE >> yes it is necessary if u read the region guid related to egypt u will find this ....

If you or anyone included on your application has ever held a government position or served in the military (including National Service)
and yes i think you need send it even u didnt serve in military ,, send the certificate which saying (lam yesbho el door) coz they making backgraound check on people who joined army so it is better if u prove u didnt join the army so they dont o ur background chek and will hopfully minimize ur proessing time

FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION >> i feel u just want to write an ideal answer for evry question in the questionair ,,, and thats nt good thing coz they ask the same question by different ways and ur answers should be the same without making them doubt just to make it perfect image ,,
theres no ideal answers ,,,YOU JUST WRITE DOWN WHAT EXACTLLY DID AND WHAT U ALREADYY HAVE PROOFES,,,u say u got wedding pic in studio thats good send them and explain and also this party u made ,,,send alot pics with ur family and friends

but about the ring u sent her ,,i think it doesnt make sence why some body send her a engagment ring why u dont wait till shes in egypt and put it on her fingure normal way...i guess u dnt need say that u sent her a ring

RECEPTION >>it means official wedding party and i guess it doesnt matter if u got it or not ,, i didnt get it coz uncle was just dead .....u can say any logic reason,,, may be ur wife had no time ,,, may u had nt enough money may be umm just any reason if they ask about reason

make sure u provide the application with all kinds of evidence of real relationship such as letters,cards, phone bills showng ur numbers..any recip mention both of ur names of some thing u bought , letter of support from ur family and her family and freinds e mails ..etc

good luck ... and let me informed if u need any help

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so what is the answe yes or not for engagement celebartion and marriage
what is mean of reception you mean wedding hall and so what is the answer of it yes or no also
idont think we need letters from family or friend bcz this is only in on conjunal realtionship but we are married by marriage not like so we dont need
idont get that military serivce is require
bcz in appendix A this is the required papers nothing else
thank u somuch for your nice respond and iwish you will be ok and you will have interview somuch soon

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
madatito2000 said:
ithink u fox 82 make everything look somuch difficult so ican understand why is your application got late bcz u put alot of unneccesary papers like military serivice and like id egyptian id and you u need to understand that they want the official translation of the legal decuments same as what u did with your marriage papers you remmebr this friend who get short time of the operation with immigration imean since he sent his paper until his visa issued it didnt take less than 7months why bcz he was simple he wasnt somuch diffcult imean man u need to understand that simple thing help alot and what u doing for VO they will return it back to u either in ur application or ur decuments iremember one of myfreinds send (qead 3aliy ) for himself and for his family imean for his dad they delaied him alot and his friend applied in same time and the last one got visa before him bcz they want everything simple and u must doing what they ask for nothing else nothing less and nothing more
like what do u saying and the other about the emails msg and online chat did you read the appendix A they saying we dont neeed anything about internet nothing we dont need any emails nothing we need mails letters phone bills and photoes so how dare u think that u can add some thing they didnt ask about . so they return it back to u with more delay for ur case so be simpe u find the poeple simple and what u doing for them they return it back
i dont make it so much complicated i knew some one didnt send any of the supporting papers no ID no e mails nokaed 3a2ly and it took him so long to get his visa ,,, every case is different and it all depends on the VO who examine ur application ,,does he belive ur realtion is genuin or not

and if u read the appendix A IMM 5491 in the last part under supporting documents for sponsored person u will find they ask for :
identity and civil statue documents
kashf el ahl
phtocopy of passport
police certificate
proofe of medical test

and for evidence of relationship the appendix A says :
If you are being sponsored by your spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner, you must send evidence of the relationship between you and your sponsor such as wedding
and... such as givng u examples and u can send more evidence if u have ofcourse idont think alot evidence will make them angry but will convice VO that u r nt fruad i knew peole in this forum thier application were 3 kilos of weight and thier application went fast too

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sponsorship Approval 13Jan15, file sent to Cairo
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Not Expected as this is a child sponsorship
madatito2000 said:

Fox82 is not making it more difficult for himself. CIC wants you to provide documents to prove the relationship is genuine and ongoing. Proof can be in the form of letters, emails, phone calls, plane tickets, cards, etc. They state on the information page some examples only but it not the only requirement if you have more. The more proof the better because it appears CIC is scrutinizing the applications more closely due to the number of fraud marriages being committed.

I agree with Fox82 and I certainly submitted everything I had. Also if called for an interview we are prepared to provide additional and ongoing proof of our relationship to the visa officer.

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sponsorship Approval 13Jan15, file sent to Cairo
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Not Expected as this is a child sponsorship
Sorry should have written my piece after the quote.

Here is my response to Maditito 2000

Fox82 is not making it more difficult for himself. CIC wants you to provide documents to prove the relationship is genuine and ongoing. Proof can be in the form of letters, emails, phone calls, plane tickets, cards, etc. They state on the information page some examples only but it not the only requirement if you have more. The more proof the better because it appears CIC is scrutinizing the applications more closely due to the number of fraud marriages being committed.

I agree with Fox82 and I certainly submitted everything I had. Also if called for an interview we are prepared to provide additional and ongoing proof of our relationship to the visa officer.

cutenough

Star Member
Mar 23, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
Never received
File Transfer...
20-08-2012 transfer to cairo 21-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2013
LANDED..........
Military issue ... Finally landed 28 dec 2013
Fox I try to contact you in pm but I can could u pm me pls
Thanks

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
hi sheia la ,,

good to hear your opinion and urs is the same like mine ,,more evidence is nt bad at all ,,,never was

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
cutenough said:
Fox I try to contact you in pm but I can could u pm me pls
Thanks
hi cutenough
why we need pm cutenough ,, is there some thing private?? i tried to to pm u but it didnt go through i guess theres some problem

anyway why we dont talk here in public so every one in the forum increase his experince ,,

so if u dnt like share it in public tell me ur e mail adress here and i will send u e mail

Mels

Star Member
Feb 13, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2010
AOR Received.
21/01/2011
File Transfer...
13/01/2011
Med's Request
28/10/2011
Med's Done....
08/10/2010 and 13/11/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/02/2012
LANDED..........
15/03/2012
I totally agree with Fox82 and Sheila la and I've done the same... Lots of proof will never hurt your application :)

FYI.. My husband never did military duty and we included the original and translated military document with the reason why he didn't do it.

Now... I think our group needs an other positive story! Anybody got called for an interview lately ????????

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.28/2011 approved for sponsorship
File Transfer...
Mar.11/2011 in cairo/started processing ott-pilot Sept.15/11
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Oct.30/2011/ results received Dec.10/11
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
fox82 said:
hi louisa
i read ur lines and i wished it would be more bright than this ::) i dont know why it takes 13 trip to get married to ur husband ,,, if u could get married after 1st or 2nd trip so why u didnt?? may be u had some specialcircumostances to gather ur papers it doesnt mean it is the rule for all couples ...i got maried my wife after 3rd trip anyway thats nt the deal

good thing that u r approved to sponsor ur hubby and hope evrything goes right way for you and for evryone of us

The reason it took 13 trips to cairo to get the total english translation done was the steps required by the canadian visa office, each day we might get one step done and then we had to come back the next day because this office was busy and couldnt do the step in the same day.We actually had gotten our marriage contract done sooner but then we had all the steps after this to get the english translation done and registerd from all the different places to get the final approval stamp from the canadian embassy. And you need this for immigration as well for changing your name in canada.
And god willing everyone here gets approved quickly