+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

taco

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
lille

As far as i know, once you guys get married and you apply for him before his visa expires then he can stay in canada legally.
Why are you assuming the application well be rejected, a canadian wife applying for her husband is one of the strongest applications.

You can get civil marriage in Egypt and apply afterwards, but process well take time and they well question your intentions since you guys would be newly wed. i do not advise this rout, your best bet is trying getting him into canada and start you process there.

mmle

Oct 21, 2012
I am worried because we will not have a big wedding ceremony with receipts or photos or approval from our parents. How much will this impact our application? We have been together for 3 and a half yearsad have pictures, conversations an emails. If he cannot get a tourist visa, what would you suggest?

Thank you.

taco

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
mmle
In situations like these, you need to make up your mind and just start the process. Do not think of "if" now.

Bepatient

Nov 8, 2013
mmle said:
I am worried because we will not have a big wedding ceremony with receipts or photos or approval from our parents. How much will this impact our application? We have been together for 3 and a half yearsad have pictures, conversations an emails. If he cannot get a tourist visa, what would you suggest?

Thank you.
There are many factors you should take into consideration before making any decision.
As already mentioned, there is no appeal when the inland sponsorship process is chosen. Furthermore, the sponsored person (applicant) must stay in Canada until the process is over. If the applicant leaves Canada and is unable to come back, the application will be cancelled.
You can refer to the cic website for further details. This website is the best in terms of information and all other tools it provides.

If your spouse (to be) does not have strong ties with his original country, there are less chances he can get a visit visa.

Even though the processing time for Egypt is currently 19 months, there are chances the length of the process is short depending on the way you organize your application and the quality of supporting documents you provide. In other words, the application becomes smoother when you provide the visa officer with enough information to make a decision.

Since you are a Canadian citizen, you have the possibility of staying with your husband in Egypt during the process. You would need to provide the immigration with proof you would return to Canada once your husband gets the permanent residence (PR). You can consult the website of CIC for more details as well.

Good luck!

taco

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
I HAVE TO AGREE WITH BEPTIENT ON THE PROCESSING TIMES. my application was submitted on june and i have sent my wife passport for visa stamping 2 days back. meaning the 19 months processing time is for uncompleted applications or for applications requiring more documents. good luck.

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
28-12-2011---results received july 11th/2012
Interview........
12-05-2013 ( Reject ) another chance on 8/10/2013
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
mmle said:

Thank you.
I wouldn't waste money on trying for a tourist visa... my husband and I tried this many times and its just a let down. Your husband will need to have strong ties to Egypt that would convince cic that he would return on time.. such as his work or a business or owning property. Also they will access his banking information for I think the last year and determine if he has enough money to support a "tour" ... so he will need plenty of $$$$ in the bank.

wargo

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Hope in January 2013
Hii everybody , I would like to ask if I wrote in my application that we are planning to live in Toronto but now we change it and we are planning to land and live in alberta , is there is any problem with this change or it is simple and no problem ???? Any Idea Please ???

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
wargo said:
Hii everybody , I would like to ask if I wrote in my application that we are planning to live in Toronto but now we change it and we are planning to land and live in alberta , is there is any problem with this change or it is simple and no problem ???? Any Idea Please ???
I wouldnt even tell them that......... once your in Canada you are free to live where you want

Sabrinkh

Oct 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
18-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-01-2014
Bepatient said:
There are many factors you should take into consideration before making any decision.
As already mentioned, there is no appeal when the inland sponsorship process is chosen. Furthermore, the sponsored person (applicant) must stay in Canada until the process is over. If the applicant leaves Canada and is unable to come back, the application will be cancelled.
You can refer to the cic website for further details. This website is the best in terms of information and all other tools it provides.

If your spouse (to be) does not have strong ties with his original country, there are less chances he can get a visit visa.

Even though the processing time for Egypt is currently 19 months, there are chances the length of the process is short depending on the way you organize your application and the quality of supporting documents you provide. In other words, the application becomes smoother when you provide the visa officer with enough information to make a decision.

Since you are a Canadian citizen, you have the possibility of staying with your husband in Egypt during the process. You would need to provide the immigration with proof you would return to Canada once your husband gets the permanent residence (PR). You can consult the website of CIC for more details as well.

Good luck!

How can I prove to immigration that I will return to canada once he receives his PR? would my plane ticket to canada not be enough ? my permanent residence is there and thats where we want to live but I dont know what kind of legal proof I can give? we are going to be temporarily staying with my mother. Also, I am not LIVING in egypt I am visiting while his application is in process and was hoping to stay until a decision has been made so we can fly back together. I have been here since June 2013 and my return flight is in march 2014 but i may extend it if there hasnt been a decision made by then

Bepatient

Nov 8, 2013
Sabrinkh said:
How can I prove to immigration that I will return to canada once he receives his PR? would my plane ticket to canada not be enough ? my permanent residence is there and thats where we want to live but I dont know what kind of legal proof I can give? we are going to be temporarily staying with my mother. Also, I am not LIVING in egypt I am visiting while his application is in process and was hoping to stay until a decision has been made so we can fly back together. I have been here since June 2013 and my return flight is in march 2014 but i may extend it if there hasnt been a decision made by then
Please check the form IMM5540E uner CIC's website, refer to question 11 and look for proof of returning to Canada once your sponsored spouse gets the PR.
If you are a permanent resident, you have to remain in Canada during the sponsorship processing period except for short visits. The question 11 mentioned above applies to Canadian citizens only.

I hope it is clear.

WaitinginBC

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2012
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
30-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2014
LANDED..........
28-02-2014
Hi everyone :)

I am hoping you can help me with some information

I can Canadian and my husband is egyptian. We have applied for his PR and the info is as follows:

Application received by CIC Sept 27, 2012
Sponsoship approved and file sent to Cairo Nov 8, 2012
Medical results recevied Sept 27, 2012
Processing began Nov 4, 2013!!

We have been to our MP, sent numerous letters to the Immigration minister and no one is any help. Does anyone know how long the processing part takes? I have also seen other members mention GMCS notes...what are these? and how can I get ours?

Will they contact my husband by email if needs an interview or more documents? he is in Dubai working and not at our Cairo address. CIC has all this info about him in Dubai on our file.

This wait is killing us...due to some unfortunate circumstances we have not seen each other in over a year and we have just booked my flight to spend 6 weeks with him in Dubai in Janaury. We dont understand how some ppl get their PR so fast and we are waiting forever :(

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
WaitinginBC said:
Hi everyone :)

I am hoping you can help me with some information

I can Canadian and my husband is egyptian. We have applied for his PR and the info is as follows:

Application received by CIC Sept 27, 2012
Sponsoship approved and file sent to Cairo Nov 8, 2012
Medical results recevied Sept 27, 2012
Processing began Nov 4, 2013!!

We have been to our MP, sent numerous letters to the Immigration minister and no one is any help. Does anyone know how long the processing part takes? I have also seen other members mention GMCS notes...what are these? and how can I get ours?

Will they contact my husband by email if needs an interview or more documents? he is in Dubai working and not at our Cairo address. CIC has all this info about him in Dubai on our file.

This wait is killing us...due to some unfortunate circumstances we have not seen each other in over a year and we have just booked my flight to spend 6 weeks with him in Dubai in Janaury. We dont understand how some ppl get their PR so fast and we are waiting forever :(
Good luck, sadly there is no rhyme or reason to how things are done there. They will contact your husband via email if an interview is requested, also they don't give a lot of notice before the interview so be ready for anything. GMCS are your case file, they are beneficial to have. You can order it on the cic site, see the attached link, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf
There is a $5.00 fee, and the process takes about 1 month to receive your files.... ps. its faster if you request them to be emailed to you.
Hope this helps

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
teaya_ram said:
How do you know they have received your meds????
It will say on your ecase status.... medical received.

WaitinginBC

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2012
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
30-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2014
LANDED..........
28-02-2014
freeislam000 said:
Good luck, sadly there is no rhyme or reason to how things are done there. They will contact your husband via email if an interview is requested, also they don't give a lot of notice before the interview so be ready for anything. GMCS are your case file, they are beneficial to have. You can order it on the cic site, see the attached link, There is a $5.00 fee, and the process takes about 1 month to receive your files.... ps. its faster if you request them to be emailed to you.
Hope this helps
Thank you very much for your reply and your good wishes :)
I will get the request for our GMCS notes in today. I appreciate that all you people are here sharing your info with the rest of us.
Have a good day!