+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIPS

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
If I need to get CAIPS, can my spouse in Canada request for it as she is my sponsor for family class immigration. Do I need to send a signed letter to her giving consent that she can ask for CAIPS on my behalf? If she requests CAIPS for my application in Islamabad, does she still need a consent letter from me?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Gotchaa said:
wow no one has answer to my question! thanks everyone.
Maybe people felt that you would look on the CIC site and get all the information there: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/faq.asp
You will have to send your wife the original IMM 5475 to include with the request.

PMM

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
Thanks PMM. I had checked the CIC site in detail, its only when i dont understand or get confused about something then I come to ask around. I thought thats one of the purpose of participating in such forums.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
I always find the form on the CIC website by searching there for "privacy" - it's the first link that comes up for me.

To have someone in Canada request, they need an executed IMM 5475 form to include with the request. The charge for that is $5 (can be paid for online as I recall.) If YOU are in Canada, you can request it directly (you don't need to go through someone else) and there is no charge (you check off a different box on the request form.)

The service standard is 30 business days (hence 6 weeks) although most people report receiving the response sooner than 30 business days.

Note: you only want computer notes. If you request a PHYSICAL copy of your file, the visa office will pull your file and copy its entire contents but people report that this slows down the visa office's processing of your file.

I read one person's posts in which they requested their CAIPS/GCMS notes every five weeks throughout the processing of their file. Personally, I think this makes tremendous sense, because it means that you can keep track of its status and address issues as they arise, rather than waiting for the visa office to ask you for something. It also is useful if you are called for an interview or if there is any issue or concern raised by the visa officer.