waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2011
LANDED..........
29-12-2011
Hi,

So I finally got my CAIPS file after more than 11 weeks on May 7, 2011 !! (I should normally take around 4-5 weeks). In any case, I am a bit confused while reading it there were many "code words" and their corresponding values that I was unable to understand. So please bear with me while reading this question and all the help I can get, is greatly greatly appreciated. This is such a good resource for getting answers to so many unanswered and uncommon canadian immigration questions! So kudos to Canadavisa, and all the active members

PSDEC 0 SELDEC: 0
BDEC <no value here> MEDDEC: 0
OREQ 0 FINDEC: 0

Q1: I am not sure what does 0 here mean and why is there no value in front of BDEC

Q2: My file got transferred over to NY for "faster" processing on March 8, 2011, but the CAIPS report says BF File to NY ON 29-03-2011
Why the dates are inconsistent or am I reading this wron
g ?

Q3: View Scanned Documents: N --- what does that mean and there's nothing in documents req'd table?

Further my CAIPS file says:

RPRF NOT PAID
NO REP
EMAIL:
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER SENT VIA E-MAIL
RCMP NAME CHECK SENT FOR SUBJECT
============================ <FILE_NUM> MXW <DATE> ====================
RECD RCMP NAME CHECK RESULTS – NO RECORD – FOR SUBJECT
============================ <FILE_NUM> EZ <DATE>======================

Q4: Does it mean that my RCMP name check has been cleared ? Moreover what does MXW and EZ mean ?

Q5: It says that RPRF is not paid, however, here's the section of CAIPS file following the one quoted above:
====================== <FILE_NUM> EDR <DATE> ===================================
====================== <FILE_NUM> AXM <DATE> ==================================
<NOTE SAYING THAT THEY EMAILED ME INFO REGARDING HOW TO ADD A FAMILY MEMBER TO MY APPLICATION:
======================<FILE_NUM> AXM <DATE> ===================================
<NOTE SAYING> THAT THEY’VE RECEIVED EMAIL FROM ME TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE RECEIPT OF ALL THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO ADD MY WIFE TO MY APPLICATION. NOTE ALSO SAYS “ALSO SENT CIFC SIGNATURE”
======================= <FILE_NUM> KOB <DATE> ===================================
REC’D $1530 ON 02-DEC-2010 SENT TO ICR
======================<FILE_NUM> KXT 06-DEC-2010===================================
550$ CAD PROCESSING FEE PAID TO ADD SPOUSE TO FILE.
$980 CAD RPRF X 2 PAID FEE
=======================<FILE_NUM> WL <DATE>======================================
TO CLARIFY NOTE ABOVE: RPRF X 2 PAID (TOTAL 980$)

My question is that does this mean that they've received my RPRF. Moreover, what do EDR, AXM, KOB., KXT, and WL mean. ?

Later the file says:
=============== <FILE_NUM> EZ 15-DEC-2010 ==============
FILE PULLED AND SENT TO EDR
================= <FILE_NUM> EDR 20-DEC-2010 ===========
FILE TO AM

What does this mean ? File to EDR and them to AM ?

Q6: Is it normal that I have a different client id than my wife, even though she's in my immigration application ? Also, I am assuming that IMMCAT: CE2 means CEC?

Q7: My CAIPS file says MED STAGE VALIDITY and VIEW MEDICAL ASSESSMENT FOR ENTIRE FAMILY : Y? I am just wondering how can this be interpretted, does it mean that there would be no need for me and my wife to have a medical done, or that it could be done before CIC requests it ?

The following section of CAIPS file is an exact copy-paste so what you see here is exactly what I see.. no information has been withheld due to security reasons. I was wondering why are there so many "0"s in here and why did they not mention my occupation and/or the funds that I may have. In the CAIPS file it is mentioned that I work full time as a software developer and in the documents that I've sent them, the amount of salary and benefits that I was drawing were also mentioned.

Moreover, RPRF is RFA, not sure what does that stand for
Also, I am a bit confused... if they say that my security decision was passed on 24-feb-2011 (EDR ... again couldn't find the meaning of this acronym either), then why does my file still say PSDEC = 0, BDEC (nothing in here)?
Could you please mention anything interesting/informative that I may have missed... basically what I understood was that my security checks are done which I am assuming take the longest time.

PS. OCCUPATION: PS.CCD0: PS.IMMCAT: CE2
SEL. OCCUPATION: SEL.CCD0: IMMCAT:
PS.NOC: SEL. NOC:
SP. PROG: SP.PROG2: SP.PROG3: SP.PROG4: SP.PROG5:
AGE(00) 00 00 COST RECOVERY CODE: RPRF: RFA EMP CODE:
OCCUPATIONAL FACTOR 00 00 DESTINATION CITY: OTTAWA
ETF/S.V.P 00 00 TOTAL FUNDS: $0000000
EXPERIENCE 0 0
A.R.E 00 00 PS DECISION: 0
DEMOGRAPHIC FACTOR 00 00 INTERVIEW SCHEDULED:
EDUCATION 00 00 SELECTION DECISION: 0
ENGLISH 0 0 REVIEW OFFICER:
FRENCH 0 0 REASON FOR REFUSAL:
BONUS 00 00 SECURITY DECISION: 1 24-02-2011 EDR
SUITABILITY 00 MEDICAL DECISION 0
TOTAL 000 000 RECORD CHECK:
PRIORITY FINAL DECISION: 0

Last and final question :) ... how do you think my file processing is going on... any guesses on how long it could possibly take ??? and/or what would the next steps be...it would great if someone knows the processes through which a CEC file goes through.

Thanks very much for your patience.

Best regards

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
mah87 said:
Hi - not an expert on CAIPS, but giving it my best shot - hopefully others can add details...

PSDEC 0 SELDEC: 0
BDEC <no value here> MEDDEC: 0
OREQ 0 FINDEC: 0

Q1: I am not sure what does 0 here mean and why is there no value in front of BDEC

0 means no decision made yet. Not sure about BDEC.

Q2: My file got transferred over to NY for "faster" processing on March 8, 2011, but the CAIPS report says BF File to NY ON 29-03-2011
Why the dates are inconsistent or am I reading this wron
g ?

BF or Bring Forward date has been discussed on this forum many times. It is the date that your file is scheduled to be reviewed by a Visa Officer, if it hasn't already been reviewed or some action taken, before that date. But it is possible that this BF date was schedule before the file transfer, and thus no longer the current BF date.

Further my CAIPS file says:

RPRF NOT PAID
NO REP
EMAIL:
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER SENT VIA E-MAIL
RCMP NAME CHECK SENT FOR SUBJECT
============================ <FILE_NUM> MXW <DATE> ====================
RECD RCMP NAME CHECK RESULTS – NO RECORD – FOR SUBJECT
============================ <FILE_NUM> EZ <DATE>======================

Q4: Does it mean that my RCMP name check has been cleared ?

Yes

Moreover what does MXW and EZ mean ?

Probably just the initials of the VO who recorded the information.

Q5: It says that RPRF is not paid, however, here's the section of CAIPS file following the one quoted above:
====================== <FILE_NUM> EDR <DATE> ===================================
====================== <FILE_NUM> AXM <DATE> ==================================
<NOTE SAYING THAT THEY EMAILED ME INFO REGARDING HOW TO ADD A FAMILY MEMBER TO MY APPLICATION:
======================<FILE_NUM> AXM <DATE> ===================================
<NOTE SAYING> THAT THEY'VE RECEIVED EMAIL FROM ME TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE RECEIPT OF ALL THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO ADD MY WIFE TO MY APPLICATION. NOTE ALSO SAYS “ALSO SENT CIFC SIGNATURE”
======================= <FILE_NUM> KOB <DATE> ===================================
REC'D $1530 ON 02-DEC-2010 SENT TO ICR
======================<FILE_NUM> KXT 06-DEC-2010===================================
550$ CAD PROCESSING FEE PAID TO ADD SPOUSE TO FILE.
$980 CAD RPRF X 2 PAID FEE
=======================<FILE_NUM> WL <DATE>======================================
TO CLARIFY NOTE ABOVE: RPRF X 2 PAID (TOTAL 980$)

My question is that does this mean that they've received my RPRF.

Yes - for the CAIPS notes, they apparently print the entire file each time a change in the file is made - so the first section is the initial file, with out-dated information... the latter section is the most recent, with all updates.

Moreover, what do EDR, AXM, KOB., KXT, and WL mean.
?

Again, likely the initials of the VO who entered the data.

Q Also, I am assuming that IMMCAT: CE2 means CEC?

CE1 - CEC, temporary skilled worker stream
CE2 - CEC, post-graduation stream

Q7: My CAIPS file says MED STAGE VALIDITY and VIEW MEDICAL ASSESSMENT FOR ENTIRE FAMILY : Y? I am just wondering how can this be interpretted, does it mean that there would be no need for me and my wife to have a medical done, or that it could be done before CIC requests it ?

Of course you and your family will be required to have a medical exam, but I'm not sure what the notes mean.

The following section of CAIPS file is an exact copy-paste so what you see here is exactly what I see.. no information has been withheld due to security reasons. I was wondering why are there so many "0"s in here

just means no information, not reviewed/entered yet. Some of those categories are for FSW, not CEC. Still, it will look different after you get your Initial Assessment (IA).

and why did they not mention my occupation and/or the funds that I may have. Funds are irrelevant to CEC.

Moreover, RPRF is RFA, not sure what does that stand for

Residence Fee paid Abroad

Also, I am a bit confused... if they say that my security decision was passed on 24-feb-2011 (EDR ... again couldn't find the meaning of this acronym either), then why does my file still say PSDEC = 0, BDEC (nothing in here)?

PSDEC is paper screening decision. BDEC is background decision. Neither are the same as security decision. They haven't been done yet.

Could you please mention anything interesting/informative that I may have missed... basically what I understood was that my security checks are done which I am assuming take the longest time.

I find it interesting that your security decision was done BEFORE the file transfer. Most previous posters indicate that it's the last thing done...

Last and final question :) ... how do you think my file processing is going on... any guesses on how long it could possibly take ??? and/or what would the next steps be...it would great if someone knows the processes through which a CEC file goes through.

I think it's good that you've passed the security decision (1), but no guesses on how long it will take...